20240412 Deeplinks suddenly failing?

• 12 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Question - we are noticing that deeplinks are suddenly failing for us. It seems to be failing across different browsers. 

The behavior we are picking up on is that the url fails to load - it redirects to the login page and and then proceeds to completely stop loading. If the person reloads? the deeplink fails all together.

Can someone else check if everything is 10/10 (20/20) on their end? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

We seem to be in working order. Weird how at times things feel intermittent.

We were able to reproduce it and….then literally...it started working again.

I would blame it on an SSO configuration if we were working with one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So I think I got it - but it brings up concerns:

An older order / url pattern for deeplink urls were formatted (this was put in place a few years ago):

xxxxx.docebosaas.com/learn/courses/[coursenumber]/[course-name-string]?hash=[token?]&generated_by=doceboID

seems to fail pretty consistently and gets gummed up with browser errors.

when I refreshed the deeplink, it changed the order of the deeplink to:

xxxxx.docebosaas.com/learn/course/[coursenumber]/[course-name-string]?generated_by=doceboID&hash=[token?]

I am not sure why one is working versus the other - but we can see the difference.

Userlevel 4

Wow! Thanks for bringing this up! Have you determined how far back until the links breaks? Is this something that’s resolved by simply removing the link and then adding it back? Is it just courses or learning plans also?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Just checking, @dklinger, is it a typo that your second link has /course/ instead of /courses/ (plural)? If not, that would explain why one works and the other doesn’t (although I’m not sure why this would have changed, on the other hand).

I can’t fathom why the order of the URL parameters (generated_by and hash) should matter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Its a good question @Ian  - as far as I know - I was just supporting copy and pasting using the clipboard tool.

Will check a few older ones and get back to you.

A few seconds later….I guess there was a spare that snuck in as the few that I checked up on randomly that were generated around the same time are not showing the same issue and I thought that I was doing a copy/paste.

Will keep an eye on this.