Question

Add Zoom link to notification "User enrolled in ILT session"

• 7 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Helper II
  • 26 replies

The notification “User enrolled in ILT session” allows the short code [session_location]. I would have expected this to translate into a Zoom link, but it remains blank.

Is there any way to add a Zoom link to the notification?

Alternatively, is it possible to add a Zoom link to the My Calendar event and link people to Docebo My Calendar widget?

5 replies

Userlevel 2

@LSP 
Hi,
Did you find a solution for this problem?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@LSP 
Hi,
Did you find a solution for this problem?

No, unfortunately not. I ended up creating an explanation. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they’re on it but I don’t know any details or timeline.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You want to direct them to the session page in docebo and use the join button. A few reasons for this over going straight to zoom:

1. Just getting users in habit of using the platform and not having to think about where to go for what session type.
  2. Leaves you flexibility to change the zoom link until the time when the join button shows without confusion. 
  3. can utilize the course materials to provide handouts and other documents or surveys. 
  4. Can have attendance marked as they join (soon based on a tendency percentage)

I forget the short code link for it, but there’s one there, and then the calendar should bring them to the same spot if they are enrolled.

BIG annoyance of this though is they have to open the drop down panel, so we customized those emails to include a reminder with screenshot to make sure they did. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @LSP this is an issue we have been dealing with since they switched entirely to ILT.

thread you can read through: 

and some ideas you can vote on:

If you are using an integrated calendar like Google, you and put a JOIN HERE: “zoom link” in the event description which will populate in the calendar.