Best Answer

Bulk Archiving but users are in a learning plan

• 11 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

What is the best way to handle archiving enrollments for users enrolled in a compliance learning plan that needs to be taken annually? The bulk archiving option is great when users aren’t enrolled in a learning plan but we’re finding out it doesn’t work the same to archive and unenroll vs archive and re-enroll (we’ve made some changes to LP structure for 2024). Any tips on how best to navigate this would be most helpful. 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 11 March 2024, 15:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

until we get LP archiving there isn't a whole lot you can do as the system blocks you from achieving when the user its enrolled in a course that was assigned as part of a learning plan. I heard (or read somewhere) that this may be coming soon but I may be wrong...

Userlevel 2

until we get LP archiving there isn't a whole lot you can do as the system blocks you from achieving when the user its enrolled in a course that was assigned as part of a learning plan. I heard (or read somewhere) that this may be coming soon but I may be wrong...

Do you have any tips to share going forward? I am considering not using LPs if this is going to be the case. Sometimes our course offerings change year to year and even vendors for our training material can change depending on what our org needs. I’ve read about versioning which we implement LP versioning (2023 vs 2024) but it’s still a challenge. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes versioning is your best bet right now…

this might sound odd but you could unassigned them from LP (there’s an option to leave them enrolled in the courses when you did this) and then go through the archiving process; after that you could them re-assign the LP. If you run your reports before and after you should have a good idea of who’s completed vs not, etc. Not sure this is best solution so please test it thoroughly if you think this might work for you.