Best Answer

Bulk changes of users in branches

• 21 February 2022
  • 5 replies

I currently administer our LMS alongside a very busy role.  In order to prevent myself from becoming a bottleneck users are allowed to sign in using SSO which creates a basic profile for them.  I then go onto profiles quarterly and update the rest of the user fields. 

I am able to update all fields using the bulk import tool EXCEPT “Branch”. When I had some time I manually created and moved some profiles to a Branch but for various reasons I haven’t been able to stay on top of this task.  We are now needing the Branch field to be accurate and I am unable to 

1. See which users are without a Branch
  2. assign a group of users to a Branch in one upload - or find a quick way to assign Branch without going through each profile one by one.

If anyone has any suggestions I would really be grateful! 

icon

Best answer by KMallette 22 February 2022, 19:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Devi Patel you can certainly add users to branches during the upload process. There are 2 fields in the upload you must fill in; the Branch Name & Branch code. Make sure you check the box that allows the upload to “update existing users”.

Also if you need to create branches during the upload process, you can do that do with the fields, Branch Name Path and Branch Name Code (you will need to check the box that tells the import to create new branches). These must be entered starting at the very top level then including each sub branch to the level where the new branch would be placed. In your import file, each level is separated by a slap “ / “

Branch name path: Docebo/Sub Branch 1/ Sub Branch 2/etc.

Branch code path: DOCEBO/SUB1/SUB2/etc.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128839-Importing-and-Managing-Users-via-CSV-Files#subtitle-4

Hope this helps.

Hi, 

Thank you, I see the field option for “Branch” on the upload tool, but I am still at a loss on how to download a list of all users and the branches they are assigned to - so I can see which users are currently only assigned to the “Docebo” branch. 

On the User tab I have tried going to the “Docebo” parent folder that holds all the branches and turning off the “show users in sub branches” option, but it doesn’t do anything. 

I guess my only other alternative is to do a full assignment of all users to branches - but ideally I don’t want to mess around with all profiles, just the profiles that require me to add branches to them. 

Any suggestions are very welcome!

Hi @Devi Patel you can certainly add users to branches during the upload process. There are 2 fields in the upload you must fill in; the Branch Name & Branch code. Make sure you check the box that allows the upload to “update existing users”.

Also if you need to create branches during the upload process, you can do that do with the fields, Branch Name Path and Branch Name Code (you will need to check the box that tells the import to create new branches). These must be entered starting at the very top level then including each sub branch to the level where the new branch would be placed. In your import file, each level is separated by a slap “ / “

Branch name path: Docebo/Sub Branch 1/ Sub Branch 2/etc.

Branch code path: DOCEBO/SUB1/SUB2/etc.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128839-Importing-and-Managing-Users-via-CSV-Files#subtitle-4

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 2

I believe Docebo will soon include Branch information when you Export User information from the User Management screen. This may be of help! It’s active in the sandbox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Devi Patel I’ve created a daily “All Users” report that includes the current branch name and branch code information, as well as the User Unique ID. When I download the report, I can find the blank cells and this tells me that no branch is assigned.  Using the User Unique ID (or the username), I can then create a batch upload to make the corrections.

@KMallette that is exactly the type of common sense I am missing lol!  Thank you I will try this until the Branch data is added to the user reports.