Best Answer

Can i edit (shorten) the list of available skills for users to choose from?

• 31 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For example, I work in the real estate industry so I don’t have users who are building and maintaining nuclear power plants or managing textile manufacturing or newspaper print shops. 

icon

Best answer by Marco.T 1 August 2022, 11:40

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @lrodman 

This is Marco, PM for this area

Yes you can define what skills are selectable by people

you have to go to configuration, skills management

You’ll see several “Skill Sets”

each skill set:

• Has a visibility by group and branches , and by default have all group and branches.
  • Has skills associated (please note there is a “super” skillset with all the 13000 skills, the one with “all” label in skills, all the others have specific skills associated, you can see them clicking on skills, the other skillsets are templates with already selected skills for specific areas)  

The result is that each person can select all the skills that are in a skillset visible to him

How to create skillset with the skills you need for your company. 

So now assuming you want to select your skills for your learners, proceed in this way 

Un-publish all the existing skillsets (you can click on the icons in the published column)

Now, create a skillset , you will add later the skills you need. Click on the + button

And once within the skillset  you can add the skills you need using the + button

you can search skills by text search, or filter by job or area, and add the skills you want to make available to your users 

The default visibility of these skill-sets will be all group and branches, so everyone will see these skills, but you can create also multiple skillsets, with different skills, and different visibility, to have different skills available to different people

hope this help

Marco

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Got it - I was unaware the “my skills” was doing that. 

maybe call it “all skills” or “enabled skills”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can I blacklist (remove) news sources that populate the skills feed? Or no. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Can I blacklist (remove) news sources that populate the skills feed? Or no. 

Yes you can remove sources, or eventually select a list of allowed sources. 
This can be done on channel basis, you can go to channels in configruation, select the AI channel that provides the skill content , and manage allow or deny lists

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I unpublished the “all skills” skillset and now the “my skills” channel is blank :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I unpublished the “all skills” skillset and now the “my skills” channel is blank :(

Hi @lrodman , the  “my skill” channel show only the skills on the skillset, so to make the skills appears again you have to create a skillset with the skills you want to use with the procedure i mentioned above.

For example

Create a skillset with “Project Management”,”Project Assurance” “Quality Control” skills

Associate the skillset to the channel “my skills”, and give visibility to the people you need in the company 

All the people that have selected at least one of these skills will see the content of these skills in the channel

Marco

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks, this was an easier to follow explanation than some others in the Community.