Best Answer

Catalog links not opening

Badge

When I click on the Go To Catalog links they get redirected to a new https address but they don’t open up..It stays frozen on “Loading” page. And I have the same problem for all other catalogs. Do you know why?-

After clicking on the “Go to Catalog” option it redirects as follows but the page does’nt load up-

icon

Best answer by TaiSaxty 16 May 2022, 15:40

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi there @arnab.duttagupta 
I had this before and it was because the page I was trying to get to, I didn’t have permission to. Make sure that the page you are trying to land on is either, in the menu you have on the left of your screen, or in a new menu, with permissions to all, which can be down the bottom of the menu list. 

Users will see the menu that they have permission to that is closest to the top of the menu list, however if they also have permission to other menu’s lower down then they will be able to access the pages contained on that menu if they have been provided a link, this then ensures their menu on the left of the screen isn’t too full and overwhelming to view.

Also - it looks like you are using a new URL, make sure the links in your widgets are also pointing to the new URL instead of the Docebosaas.com url for consistency.

The tips in the following posts should help you resolve any issues you’re currently experiencing with page visibility. It looks like you might be leveraging Extended Enterprise to manage multiple domains. If that’s the case, you’ll want to make sure you use the relative URL for pages from each of the custom content boxes on the All Catalogs page you shared in your screenshot.

Badge

Thanks for your response. Well I found the issue was that the URL to which the Go To Catalog option was getting redirected belongs to an inactive domain, so can you suggest where to find the link of the URLs for a particular Domain say global? The URL was of UK domain which is inactive..

Userlevel 3

Hello @arnab.duttagupta 

apologies I’ve just seen your additional message. You will have probably fixed this now, but it looks like your domains have similar styles so changing your links in your widgets to correspond with your users login URL will help make these work. So instead of /UK in the URL you would use /Global

Unfortunately this is trial and error and would require going through and checking all of your widgets to make sure they are all correct.

It might be worth keeping a document of links that you can refer back to with an easy to read table:

Domain Page Widget URL Audience
Global Product 1 Image of product https://urliamusing.com sales team via the sales group

this way if you know that you have widgets that you use the /UK address in you can search the list and see what is used so you can go through and change them.

I hope this helps