Catalog Thumbnails?

• 31 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • Influencer I
  • 32 replies

Hi there!
We want to create a landing page where users can see a variable number of thumbnails of the catalogs they have been enrolled to. It should look similar to the Netflix page where you select your profile. Clicking on a thumbnail should take you to another page where the catalog is implemented with stream display mode.
Does anyone have an idea how we can best implement this?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

sure, super easy...you can use either the custom content box or just the image widget. The latter will get you closer to having something that looks like a Netflix page. behind the image you can add a URL that links to your custom catalogue pages. You will need to create a custom page for each catalogue if you want to keep your courses separate. Awe use these a lot and find them to be the easiest and quickest way to set a great looking page.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @lrnlab , would that cater specifically for Lena’s request to see “catalogs they have been enrolled to” ?

We have a page that shows our main catalogues but I wouldn't know how to vary this to show additional catalogues some groups of people might have been enrolled on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

hmm, that’s a bit more complicated…

The default catalogue page only shows those catalogue the user has access to but if you ‘hard code’ the catalogue links on widgets, you would also need to design custom pages and menus that match those groups so that users dont land on a page they cannot see (and get an error). It’s doable if you use the same groups to manage menu access but it’s a lot more work to set-up and manage. Hope this helps

Badge

Thanks for all the ideas you have contributed so far!
@lrnlab, if I understand you correctly, that means I have to create pages for every course combination a user might be enrolled in. Since we are constantly expanding our course portfolio, I don't see this being feasible.
I'll keep thinking about it and keep you updated.
Thank you!