Best Answer

Closed Captions for ILT/Webinar

• 14 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello! I’m wondering if anyone knows if we’re able to upload CCs for the ILT/Webinar courses and how to do that. I’m only seeing the option to add or remove the recording.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Adam Ballhaussen 17 May 2021, 13:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey there Eric,

I do not believe there is currently a way to manage CCs for a webinar recording separately from the recording itself in an ILT course. As such, you'd need to make sure that the captions are “hard-coded” in the exported video file. Alternatively, you could upload your recording to a platform like Wistia or YouTube that lets you easily manage CCs for videos. Here at Docebo, it's a common practice for us to upload our webinar recordings to YouTube for this very reason! It makes it easy to track and manage video all in one place, and YouTube’s auto-captioning functionality is a huge time saver.

Please let me know if you have any questions about what the CC process looks like for Wistia or YouTube. If this won't meet your needs, I'd love to understand your use case better and see if we can help you come up with a solution!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you, Adam! I’ll try burning in the captions—for whatever reason my company doesn’t like us to use YouTube.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ve been there before, @eric.trudeau! We weren’t allowed to use YouTube at my previous organization either (our primary audience were bankers). As a result, we used Wistia with great success. I’ve also really enjoyed using Vimeo and Vidyard in the past. Wistia and Vimeo both integrate with Docebo really nicely.

Maybe it’s worth testing one of those hosting options to build a case for one at your organization?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can vote for that idea on Docebo’s ideas portal (you need to first open the Ideas section through the admin menu to log in) -> https://doceboportal.ideas.aha.io/ideas/LMS-I-2481

For generating captions, we had great results with Microsoft Stream https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-stream.

Generated had quite good accuracy, were easy to edit directly in the UI and even provided some punctuation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@eric.trudeau Do you by chance has the Office365 license at your company? If so there is an app called Stream in the suite of products that will do this fairly simply! Heads up though make sure the presenter speaks clearly, if you use their automation everyone once and a while you will get a good laugh out of a miss written caption! :wink: