Best Answer

Course Enrollment - "Suggested for You"

• 15 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Forgive me if this information is available elsewhere, but I couldn’t find anything.  How are these courses suggested? [See image].

Is it Tags, like Catalogues, keywords, AI, or some combination of them?

icon

Best answer by Amel 16 June 2023, 14:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi @MattC 
I recenlty contacted the Docebo Support team with this question : Are there any information on what those suggestions are based on ? Is there a way to remove this suggestion box?

Here’s the answer I got 

I understand you would like to have more info about the Widget "Other Courses that may Interest You" and this is understandable since all the Users will have this widget based on their Courses enrollments, this feature in fact, recommend Users other activities based on their previous completions and interests. I appreciate the importance of having some control over this process since you would like to fully customize your platform in order to give your learners the best possible experience, I totally get that!
The important thing you should know about this widget is that it is AI-based, as a consequence it is not editable as of now, but I understand your point and the good news is that I checked the Ideas Portal in Docebo Community and this idea has been proposed by another client. You can access the Idea directly here: Other Courses that may Interest You Widget to add your vote.

I am not sure what was meant by “interests” thought 😅 Maybe a member of Docebo could let us know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Following. Still trying to figure this out too. 

“….this feature in fact, recommend Users other activities based on their previous completions and interests….”

Thanks, Amel, that does confirm for me that it is AI-based - which likely points back to all potential relationships between courses.  As for the “interests” it may mean that if a Learner has taken 3 courses about “Cyber Security” they will keep getting fed Cyber Security courses.

My issue is we have new courses that don’t have any of this data yet (i.e. most users that take course X also take Y), so it seems very random.  Hopefully, as more data is collected this sorts itself out.