Course enrollment with conditional

• 30 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello All.

I have a configuration need, but I don't know if Docebo supports it. two years after the learner complete the CESS course, they have to take another course, TICB.

How do I enroll a learner  in a course (or learning plan) after he completed another course two years ago?
I did not find this configuration in the Automation app.

Has anyone been through this situation?

Regards,

Manoel

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

So, like a delayed enrolment ??

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Exactly. This second course only have to appears for the learner, after two years that he completed the first one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I was thinking of a Learning Plan but haven't used this option...I remember testing it and it didn't work but dont recall why or whether I tried other options...may be worth a try

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

if it does work, please let me know...Thx

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

GREAT!!! I´ll test it and let you know,

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I seem to remember having a similar experience, hopefully fixed. Do a report based monthly enrollment now to do a similar task. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello @Bfarkas , I tested, and insert a prerequisite.

When the learner verified his learning plan, he see a locker in this course.

But, the problem is that the learner was enrolled in this course, and if I generated a course report status, this information will appear. 

How do I avoid it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I wasn’t saying to use reports with the pre-req, the pre-req hadn’t worked back when tried, so the process runs a report on folks completed the first one, plus time passed, and then enrolled them into the next one appropriately using the API.

Userlevel 6
Badge

@msantos As the system currently works, it is not possible to delay the enrollment entirely within Learn LMS. You can delay access, as you showed above, but the enrollment still occurs and will show in reports. In this case, if you wanted to set this up automatically, you would need to look for an external solution.

I think this is an interesting use case! Have you considered submitting an idea about the kind of feature that would solve for this?