Best Answer

Course inside of a Learning Plan

• 28 August 2023
  • 4 replies

What is the report field I will need to add to reports that shows that an individual course that someone is enrolled in is inside a learning plan?

icon

Best answer by KMallette 28 August 2023, 20:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Jennifer.Boyce If you are using a Learning Plan report, the courses aren’t shown. A learning plan report is reporting on the status of the plan as a single unit.

If you want to see course information then use a Users - Courses report, but select the learning plan on the filters page. Then on the View Options page, you can select Course Code, Course Name, etc. to help you identify the details of the course. You’ll get one line for each course. So if the learning plan has 5 courses, you’ll have 5 lines per user.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Jennifer.Boyce There isn’t a single report for you to do this. What are you trying to accomplish? With a goal in mind I might be able to guide you better. I find Learning Plan and Group reporting are weak areas in Docebo. 

• You can look at user history and see both course and learning plans if you are interested in 1 user. Unfortunally, this does not map the courses to the learning plans. 
  • You can use learning plan as a filter, per @KMallette suggestion above. You have to know the learning plan in advance that contains the course you are looking for. Note, the Learning Plan is a filter. If you choose more than one LP in your filter you will get all the courses in both LPs, but not an indicator as to which courses are in which learning plans. 

Unfortunately, Learning Plan(s) are not included in course reports and Courses are in included in Learning Plan reports. 

Thank you for your insights, @dianex.gomez and @KMallette - Based on what is described in your answers above, I think I will have to append some sort of ‘tag’ on my course codes or create an actual additional field for what I am looking to be able to do because my intention is to know this about a course without having to run any learning plan info.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Jennifer,

While not native to or OOTB for Docebo,there are two other options to explore that might be worth the cost/effort of not having to maintain these relationships manually.

1. Asking Docebo about a Query Builder report - these are custom SQL reports that you can design yourself with the help of their Professonal Services, yes at a cost.
  2. If your data is injested by a corporate data warehouse or data lake, you could do reporting and analytics there.