Best Answer

Course with SmartPlayer video

• 12 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Greetings!

Does anyone have any familiarity with creating a course that has SmartPlayer video in it? I am not sure which files to store in the central repository and which should be the one that the user would click to watch the video?

Thank you!

~B

icon

Best answer by dklinger 12 March 2024, 20:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Bkatzman - hi. If you are leveraging Camtasia? I would suggest:

1. exporting to a SCORM file.
    You get their smart player for free and you dont have to worry. When exporting a local file camtasia’s smart player will package a set of files for you.
  2. We do some containership games, and I export a video with the smartplayer and then import into Articulate 360 or Rise 360. I kind of remember having an issue but the image below shows what I click on to trigger the course to play successfully during testing. I kind of remember one needing to be called index.htm to do the right thing...but I dont do this often.

Hope this helps. Let us know where you land up landing with it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

One more for ya (and this maybe more for those that geek out with camtasia and articulate)? I am confirming whilst working to get the video into rise with the player intact? You would need to call a file called index.htm for the web object to successfully to do its thing:

I believe any other way caused us issues.

Badge

Thanks so much @dklinger! This is super helpful!