Best Answer

Courses Appearing as Locked on the Course Catalog page, but unlocked everywhere else?

• 5 November 2021
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Anyone else running into an issue where courses are appearing as locked from the Course Catalog page, but anywhere else in the platform, the courses appear as available?

View from Course Catalog Page:

Same courses from within the actual Catalog view:

Any one else experience this?  We have opened a ticket about this previously, but it had been resolved.  Wondering if it is something we are doing to our courses?

icon

Best answer by Colleen Rafter 8 November 2021, 15:35

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Do you have hard deadlines set with the courses? Or are they soft? I can see this happening if as a person that is curating is touching and testing all courses and you have set the validity for x and have not taken them.

i believe that would get cleared by enabling a “soft deadline” .

• Soft Deadline. When a soft deadline is enabled, the course and its training material can be accessed by users even after the end date has passed. 
  • Days of Validity. Use this option to activate a validity period for users to attend the course, and set whether days will be counted starting from the day the user enrolls in the course (including the days spent in the course waiting list) or starting from the day the user accesses the course for the first time. If you change these settings after some users have already enrolled or accessed the course, the new calculation will not be applied to them, and will only affect users enrolling or accessing the course after your change. Still, you can force the new settings to be applied to all users by enabling the Update the expiration date for any users that have already started the course option. When this option is enabled, users will see the number of remaining days to access the course in the Enrollment section of the course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh but wait unlocked everywhere else….are there copies of courses being supported at the “catalog level” by your power users?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, I opened a ticket about this 6 months ago.  They still haven’t fixed it stating “At this time, this team currently has a very high backlog. We are continually requesting ETA's however we have been informed that this may not be released for some time.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes, I opened a ticket about this 6 months ago.  They still haven’t fixed it stating “At this time, this team currently has a very high backlog. We are continually requesting ETA's however we have been informed that this may not be released for some time.”

Aye yay yay. Has this forced you to copy out learning objects so people can continue to do their thing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dklinger we have the same courses in more than one catalog, but they are all in catalogs that users have visibility to and all power users can manage courses in catalogs they have visibility to.  Fortunately, we updated our user workflow so that users do not need to see the Course Catalog page unless they click on it from the breadcrumb (but of course you are going to get an occasional user in there).

@Colleen Rafter thank you for letting me know that you have a ticket open for this!  Seems like a common theme right now.  We have a couple of tickets that are 3+ months old with no fix in sight.  Hopefully they catch up their backlog soon.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@dklinger I had to create all my pages with HTML.  That’s the only way I found it would honor the pre-requisite.  

Userlevel 3

We have a ticket in on this as well. Not good, but good to know we are not the only ones having this issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Similar but slight difference - we thought it would be a good idea to try the days of validity. It wasn’t working for our purpose so we abandoned it. However, we now have some users that are locked, including an instructor. Is there a way to unlock for those users?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Similar but slight difference - we thought it would be a good idea to try the days of validity. It wasn’t working for our purpose so we abandoned it. However, we now have some users that are locked, including an instructor. Is there a way to unlock for those users?

If you go into the enrollments, you should be able to reset the active dates or users: 

and if you delete the date out, it should reset the user and unlock them. It is also something you can do for all users on the course with the batch actions.

Userlevel 2

This just happened to us as well. Several users have been required to retake a set of 6 courses by their manager. However, they began reporting to me that all the courses had a Lock icon on them. None of the courses are configured with any sort of deadline or validity period. Took me a while to find the solution, but it turns out that a year ago, when the courses were launched, they were built into a learning plan. That plan had an expiry date, which, of course, is long past. I first removed the expiry date from the learning plan, but that did not solve the problem. So I deleted the learning plan, and all the courses unlocked for these users. 

Userlevel 3

this is now happening to us too. I have never even seen that message before “this course is now locked” - I suppose I can assume nothing has been done on Docebo’s end to resolve?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Same thing is happening for me. Courses appear locked in a catalogue view but if clicked via the calendar view I can go in and look at them fine. I’m not sure how to unlock them as such, huge pain and me thinks like others a bug.