Create a consent for different user groups

• 1 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear all,

After my training, I would like to create consent and make them “sign” by users. Something like :

• On top of the security training, I have read the security guide [checkbox]
  • I have a security cable [checkbox]

And each consent should be different in my different offices

I tried something with a course and a survey inside, and a course with an observation checklist inside…

Did anyone tried something likewise and would have some advise / return of experience?

Thank you
Benoit

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have done the two you mention, but have also done a custom scorm package course that basically only passed the completion on acknowledging and then we just used the course completion report to track. Have also done an iframe external qualtrics survey so that all the data went to the corporate central location. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @Bfarkas … so no Pros and Cons or hidden trap with survey or observation checklist ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

The survey inside has the issue of managing the data, so just think through how you are managing that so that it does not become a chore for you.

Checklists honestly our users rejected by the experience in general and so that kind of killed that but was a unique company cultural thing, so shouldn’t apply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Surveys are anonymous, so they won’t work well in this scenario.

One way would be to use a test with the passing score set to 1 (or whatever number of points they can get if they answer yes to all necessary questions).

You can put them into a course and set each as an end object marker, or even better create a separate course for each location and use enrollment rules to enroll people into the right version of the course.

On the other hand, instead of looking for a way to create a separate checklist for each location, I’d consider looking for a solution that would allow you to separate the checklist from the acknowledgement. So you will be able to standardize the acknowledgement across all locations.

Maybe providing people location-specific word/excel templates and then asking them to upload a filed document using an Assignment. This will however require a manual approval for each submitted acknowledgement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have used a Docebo Test in the past.  Since the Test is a training material, people don’t complete the course until the attest that they have completed necessary tasks. 

Also, you can keep that attestation as a question in the question bank and then easily re-use it in other courses if you need.  The only obstacle I can see with your use case is a different question for each office.  Using this method would require a course per office.  But all your attestation information stays within the course which is nice.

An alterative method is iframing a form (I use Teams forms) and make people fill out the form but then your responses are separate from the course shell.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Surveys are anonymous, so they won’t work well in this scenario.

One way would be to use a test with the passing score set to 1 (or whatever number of points they can get if they answer yes to all necessary questions).

You can put them into a course and set each as an end object marker, or even better create a separate course for each location and use enrollment rules to enroll people into the right version of the course.

On the other hand, instead of looking for a way to create a separate checklist for each location, I’d consider looking for a solution that would allow you to separate the checklist from the acknowledgement. So you will be able to standardize the acknowledgement across all locations.

Maybe providing people location-specific word/excel templates and then asking them to upload a filed document using an Assignment. This will however require a manual approval for each submitted acknowledgement.

This is exactly why I switched to Qualtrics embedded for this role of thing. If you turn on the advanced settings for iframes the users docebo ID is added to the url string which allows you to pull it in as a variable and then was able to add other information from either Qualtrics directory or doing an api call to docebo which then allows the questions to be modified by things like location, and then still had one central slot of data for reporting without opening tons of files.