Custom Reports Builder - Usage Statistics

• 26 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Everyone

I am trying to generate a report using CUSTOM REPORTS BUILDER that shows usage statistics as a percentage (“Completed”, “In Progress” and “Not Started”) for a specific course within a specific timeframe (01/01/2024 – 31/12/2024).  However, the course has a certification attached which means that the majority of “completions” will be as a result of certifications being renewed whereas for new users ( a small number) this will be the first time the course has been completed.  An expired certification’s status remains as “completed” and therefore will be included within the “completed” percentage when I run the report.

I want the report to take into consideration everyone who has been enrolled on the course, regardless of the enrolment date but to only report “completions” within a specific date range as I’m thinking this will then pick up just “completions” (including certification renewals) that have happened this year.

I have applied the following:

However, the resulting report only takes into consideration users who were enrolled on the course between 01/01/2024 and 31/12/2024 (I know that over 200 people have been enrolled).

Is what I am trying to achieve possible and if it is, how do I do it?

Many thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

What report are you running?

there should be 2 different filters for enrolled vs completed. If you only set the date range on the completion filter and leave the enrolment section to “all dates” that should give you what you need.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @lrnlab 

I am using Courses - Users and have applied the following (your screen is slightly different to mine):

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab 
I have noticed that the training records for a user who has renewed their certification for this course still shows the completion date as the date they completed the course originally whilst their certification date is the date they renewed the certification.  I’m trying to run a report that counts up completions between 1 January 2024 and 31 December 2024, including those who have renewed the course and not just those who have completed the course for the first time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

That may be part of the issue….typically if you allow a user to take the same course for re-certification, the course would be reset before they start (by using the RENEW NOW button). If they just launch the course without using the button, I dont think it will work as you intended. That said, never ran such a report to know if the course dates actually change. You might want to run a test to see if that is the case or not. 

If you, instead, use enrolment archiving, that would retain the old record and reset both the training materials and due enrolment date. That might be what you need.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab
I’ve no idea how to do that.  I can see your screen has Enrolment Archive Date at the bottom but mine doesn’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

that report is more of a roll-up report and does not have individual user data...try the Users - Courses instead. You might need to add some formulas to get your totals, etc.