Best Answer

Customizing Expert Channels

• 26 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Happy Monday to the whole community! 😎

Today I have a question (and a request for suggestions as well) related to Channels. My main question concerns the customization of these channels: is it possible to change their layout (e.g. like the homepage) in order to sort the content and give order to the different materials? I would not like it to become a kind of "basket" in which various things are just posted , without any order or logic.

Of course, advice on how best to use channels to share knowledge within the company is welcome!

Many thanks as always to everyone for the support.
Have a nice day!! 😉

Edo

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 26 June 2023, 16:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you can set a default sort order on the channel + you change the order of the channel listing so that your top channel remains on top of the list when viewing all channels (hover to the left of the thumbnail and you will see bunch of dots - click and gold to drag the channel up or down...)

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello @lrnlab , I'm wondering if there's a way to organize and set up content within channels using files? For instance, could we have one file dedicated to videos, another for documents, and so on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello @lrnlab , I'm wondering if there's a way to organize and set up content within channels using files? For instance, could we have one file dedicated to videos, another for documents, and so on?

you can add files of many types, links and videos to your channels...so it depends on how you want your assets organized. We usually go by topic and forego the asset type as we prioritize the content.