Best Answer

Discrepancies between Course Management view and Course-User Report

• 19 January 2024
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

When we first went live, we had Docebo create several hundred “shell” courses for us. Now we are 6+ months in and it’s clear that any remaining shell courses that haven’t been turned into actual courses are probably unnecessary. Before I clear them out, I plan to pull a report showing which shell courses created on 5/16/2023 are still out there. I have seen that I can do this with an API (and I’m up for the challenge thanks to @Bfarkas) but I’m wondering:

• Is there a way to just pull the report without an API? (There appears to be no export on the Course Management page that I can see)
  • Why does the (New Reports) Course-User report show hundreds fewer courses than the Course Management page?
  • Why does the (New Reports) Course-User report show none of my shell courses? (Is it because they were just imported as a CSV on the backend, but they were never actually accessed, thus they’re not “real” in some important way?)

Thanks for the info!

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 19 January 2024, 21:29

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Important thing to keep in mind for those types of reports..they rely on users being enrolled usually, I am assuming these shells have no enrollments, probably why not showing. There are a bunch of folks who have a fake user or always enroll themselves to get around this and not need the API.

Very happy to hear your thought logic though, great thinking on approaching this one!

Userlevel 5
Badge

Oh, that’s a good one to know, @Bfarkas. I didn’t realize it and didn’t see it in the KB documentation.

I also realized that I can pull the report from the Choose Action (Bulk Actions) menu on the Course Management page so that’ll do the trick, I think, and I won’t go the API route this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, sounds like a nice solve for this scenario

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JKolodner the get the Course Export option, you need to select more than 1 course on the course management page. Then make sure you add the data you want to export; there are many options.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thanks, @lrnlab I’ve found that!

Userlevel 1

@JKolodner the get the Course Export option, you need to select more than 1 course on the course management page. Then make sure you add the data you want to export; there are many options.

Would you be willing / able to go to your Course Management page, and then Course Export, and SCREENSHOT the data that is available to be collected?

Raph

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ooh, you beat me to it @Bfarkas. Those hero types, always jumping into service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ooh, you beat me to it @Bfarkas.

trying to help you stay productive :)

Userlevel 5
Badge

I’ll never move up from Helper if you do that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Alison are you not able to see this yourself? or perhaps you do not have those permissions?

you can export the course basics, like type, code, title, etc. + the below…

Note that the “Course Properties” section opens up to move options if you select “custom”; same for Usage Data

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’ll never move up from Helper if you do that!

...sorry….

Userlevel 5
Badge

I love the kindness and willingness to help! That’s what makes this a community.