Best Answer

Docebo Connect - Outlook integration

• 31 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick and straight forward question to anyone that uses Docebo Connect for the Outlook integration…

Is it only the ‘admin’ Outlook account that links to Connect that needs to be M365?

We are moving across to 365, but probably not until next year, but we do have a number of licences for it for testing and configuration.  My thinking is that we can use one of these accounts to do the ‘middle man’ bit of Connect that will then send an invite to the rest of the firm’s 2016 Outlook accounts.

I really hope this is the case 😊

icon

Best answer by dklinger 1 September 2022, 01:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

With out having used specifically, but familiar with M365 and the API in the background, I am going to assume it depends upon how you are doing things. If the invites are all coming from that admin account, or one of your M365 accounts I’d believe that to be true is all you need.

If you are trying to use other accounts that are not migrated yet to create/send/own the invites, that probably wouldn’t work, but they should be able to receive them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Neil Patterson - yeah - you can do it.

You only need the one account. @Bfarkas is right - it always depends on how things are configured, but you can pull it off.

BTW? The outlook integration actually makes calendar invites feel right...eat the cost and do this one….

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I would agree with the above. I’m working with a client that is exploring the Docebo Connect Outlook integration now that only has an on prem deployment of Outlook. You only need the one “service” account in 365 to pull the integration off. 

Userlevel 2

We just integrated and used only one “service” account and have no issue with it working at this time.

One of the challenges we’re having is that the invite goes without any content or links to a video conferencing meeting tool selected.  I’m wondering if anyone has any way to resolve this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @michelle.franz - my understanding is that the invite would have a link to the course in Docebo - is that not the case? I can see not having a link to the conferencing tool because if users joined the tool directly Docebo wouldn’t be able to capture attendance via them joining through the course.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We just integrated and used only one “service” account and have no issue with it working at this time.

One of the challenges we’re having is that the invite goes without any content or links to a video conferencing meeting tool selected.  I’m wondering if anyone has any way to resolve this?

Our current notifications have the course code in them.  A user clicks on that, it launches Docebo and invites them to join the webinar.  From there, it opens Teams for us.

We had initial kick back of “why can’t we just join via Teams”, but after a lot of repeating the phrase “it will not mark your attendance on your learning record” it has settled down now 😄

@michelle.franz - I would assume that Connect will have the same functionality?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Our current notifications have the course code in them.  A user clicks on that, it launches Docebo and invites them to join the webinar.  From there, it opens Teams for us.

We had initial kick back of “why can’t we just join via Teams”, but after a lot of repeating the phrase “it will not mark your attendance on your learning record” it has settled down now 😄

Yup, the attendance piece plus for managers I would say, it’s important to get in the habit of using the LMS sand not going around the different tools, this way they know how to nav directly to things in case email is not working, etc. 

Userlevel 2

Yup, the attendance piece plus for managers I would say, it’s important to get in the habit of using the LMS sand not going around the different tools, this way they know how to nav directly to things in case email is not working, etc. 

@Neil Patterson @Bfarkas Unfortunately, if Connect has that same functionality it is not passing through correctly.  The invite mails and allows for the RSVP to occur and change based on the user’s actions. However the calendar invite does not include a link to the MS Teams meeting in the location or the body of the invite.  All that is in that invite is the name of the course/event. 

Userlevel 2

Please, consider voting for this idea to enrich the event email message.