Editing public/Sign in Page

• 22 September 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2

Good morning. I’m looking to see if there is a way to edit the landing page when you get to Docebo. I think they refer to this as the public page. It is the page you see before you sign in.

Docebo seems to offer very limited tools for editing this page that includes what catalogs to display, etc. However, we are an ecommerce site and would like to have more marketing information on this page in order to sell our training. It would be really nice if there was a real “page” behind this that we could configure via manage pages.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@wizenup only suggestion I can think of would be to work with CSS but you will still be somewhat limited to the main elements that already exist...I would also recommend you add this to the IDEAS portal...I would certainly vote for that!

** had a quick look at IDEAS and there are several you can vote on now - search “public page

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @wizenup, I personally haven’t found much but one idea comes to mind, where you create your own page outside of Docebo, screen shot it and insert that as a background image with everything you want them to see on there, just need to scale it to the size you like. sloppy but may get the job done for the time being.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@wizenupto me, the key limitation is that if you want to show any courses on the public page you can not use a custom page as the home/landing page, the first view is always the course catalog page.

In our case we have ultimately accepted this and selected a few catalogs to be visible on the public page, plus we’ve created three additional info-pages that are accessible to users before login (use the “Public Catalog Custom Pages” in the Admin menu to create and edit them).

We had to use lots of CSS tricks to make it work the way we wanted, but finally we get to a pleasant experience with the course catalog on the main tab and a those few pages of information clearly visible to desired different audiences - if you’re interested, you can check it at https://learn.goacoustic.com

Worth mentioning, that Docebo was very helpful in supporting us in maintaining our CSS customizations through their platform upgrades.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for sharing. I think our team wants to add widgets, in particular the html widget. Looks like this is impossible at the moment. :(

The Public Catalog Custom Pages would work great if we didn’t have multiple enterprises as they appear to be locked to each client.

Thanks again, Jamie

Userlevel 2

Thanks Irnlab. I’ve voted.

Userlevel 2

Thanks generic name. I guess we’ll look into the wordpress integration app to see if that is a short term solution. Hopefully, Docebo will see the need for this. Jamie

@alekwo thanks for your input on this issue. I looked at your “logged out” page and it looks great! How did you get rid of the pesky search bar about the catalogs?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@alekwo thanks for your input on this issue. I looked at your “logged out” page and it looks great! How did you get rid of the pesky search bar about the catalogs?

Hi @suzdewitt we use CSS to hide everything what we don’t want to be visible on the screen, including the search bar.

This was an extensive effort to adjust Docebo to our needs, our custom CSS has about 3000 lines of code.

Userlevel 2

@wizenupto me, the key limitation is that if you want to show any courses on the public page you can not use a custom page as the home/landing page, the first view is always the course catalog page.

In our case we have ultimately accepted this and selected a few catalogs to be visible on the public page, plus we’ve created three additional info-pages that are accessible to users before login (use the “Public Catalog Custom Pages” in the Admin menu to create and edit them).

We had to use lots of CSS tricks to make it work the way we wanted, but finally we get to a pleasant experience with the course catalog on the main tab and a those few pages of information clearly visible to desired different audiences - if you’re interested, you can check it at https://learn.goacoustic.com

Worth mentioning, that Docebo was very helpful in supporting us in maintaining our CSS customizations through their platform upgrades.

@alekwo  thank you for sharing this inspiring example, looks really great. 😍👏🏽

In the course description I noticed the note: “To get notified about new and updated Campaign learning as well as upcoming instructor-led training, make sure to enable "Campaign Course Announcements" in the Personal Info section of your Academy profile. “ I’ve been looking for a way to invite learners to opt-in to promo communications on the platform, this seems like a good, simple way to do it.

How did you go about adding this checkbox in the Personal Info Section?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 3

Good morning. I’m looking to see if there is a way to edit the landing page when you get to Docebo. I think they refer to this as the public page. It is the page you see before you sign in.

Docebo seems to offer very limited tools for editing this page that includes what catalogs to display, etc. However, we are an ecommerce site and would like to have more marketing information on this page in order to sell our training. It would be really nice if there was a real “page” behind this that we could configure via manage pages.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie, I only glanced at the others’ responses but wondering if they’re all thinking “too hard”… You can simply design an image or video that is easily uploaded as a full width BG image or video on the sign-in page. (Configure via Admin menu > Configure Branding and Look > Sign in page > Sign In Page Background).

It’s not interactive of course (I haven’t tried a video though). So for my company, I designed a simple 2/3 - 1/3 layout with the left 2/3 a static image and the right 1/3 a solid panel for a message area. (see file 1). I scaled the width of the side panel enough so it aligns with the edge of the Sign In box that appears in front of it. (see file 2 - a screen grab of the actual sign-in page showing what a user at my company will see on the sign-in page).

Now if you’re referring to what most call “Learner home” (once signed in), that’s entirely different. You can create customized pages under Admin gear > Manage Pages. At least for desktop, there’s lots of widgets you can drag/drop and configure depending on the layout. you’re aiming for.

The general idea is minimize clicks or how far learners have to go to get at info, without having the learner home page be cluttered or overloaded. Keep it simple, it’s a balance. We decided for example to not show catalogs on Learner Home, but that’s a Menu selection which opens the Course Catalogs page. But we’re not a training company selling courses like you sound you may be. Hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

would you mind sharing the codes of your site? I like the layout and the tabs are more visible instead of the default where it is located at the top of banner. We’re trying to do regional tabs to create HTML instructions.

Hi @alekwo , your public pages look great! We’re considering using the public catalog custom pages to create simple looking informational pages. Where does the custom CSS go for the public catalog custom page?

Thank you!

Cecilia

Hi @alekwo, your public pages look incredible! Would you mind sharing the CSS you used to rearrange the tabs and title header and the html you used for the public catalog custom pages? Much appreciated!