Best Answer

Email Notifications - How can I set them to all be in English (US) only?

• 1 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We have setup a number of custom email notifications, all in English (US). It recently came to my attention that some of our learners who have set their profile language to one other than English are receiving the notification emails but translated to their native language. 

I did some digging around and am seeing that some notifications automatically send a different email, provided by Docebo, based on their language. An example of this is the “User has been created (confirmed registration)” notification. If you create one of these notifications you’ll see that Docebo provides the email subject/body for all 36 languages, and there is no way to disable specific languages for this notification without disabling the languages completely via the Localization settings. But that also disables the UI translations, which we’d like to keep.

Notice that this is for all languages, but we only want the English version sent as it contains specific instructions.

Is the only workaround for this to copy/paste the subject/body from the English version to all of the other languages? Seems like a recipe for getting ‘out of sync’ pretty quickly.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 1 September 2021, 17:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @mark yes, what you describe would the only way to make sure they only get sent out in English. You can easily copy using the code option “ < > “ but as you say this can become difficult to manage over time. There are only a few notifications that Docebo pre-fills so you shouldn't have too much to do

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @lrnlab

I will go ahead and do the copy/paste. As much as I hate to do it, it’s worth the hassle in this case, as I have quite a few users now who have selected a non-default language in their profile and are used to the translated UI (I assume). Better to do the copy/paste versus having to explain why we disabled their language in the LMS : (

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @mark you might also test those notifications where Docebo does not provide a default whether your original English version becomes the default for the other languagesmight be a good test case for you and save you some work if it does work this way.