Best Answer

Extended Enterprise and deep links to courses

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am experimenting with using a deep link on one of my courses that is part of a specific tenant in Docebo Learn.  When I create the enrollment link I get the URL for the Docebo instance, rather than the URL for my tenant. I don’t seem to be able to edit the URL, and when I use it, it brings me back to the login screen (for our instance). The self-registration option has been removed from that login screen because we need all users to be in a tenant branch.

Are there any options for me?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 23 May 2022, 20:14

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KMallette are you logged in under the sub domain when you create it? That should solve your issues. It's the same with notifications and the course link short code. You must be creating things while logged into the sub domain.

I have the same issue with identifying what the deep link will be for my courses, under an Extended Enterprise client using a custom URL.

I can log into the Extended Enterprise portal, but then I don’t have access to the Admin menu. I’ll have to find each deep link in the EE portal as a student, then store that value in a custom field for the course so I and my team can have access to it easily. We need to reference that URL to send to external students to enroll themselves in suggested courses.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Right now, it’s a challenge to log into an EE domain if you have SSO set up and would not qualify for access in your regular SuperAdmin account. However, if you create an additional account for yourself and assign it a sufficiently powerful PU Profile, you can proxy in as that account and make the changes, assignments, etc. that you require from within the EE domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you can always login using the root domain and then change it to the subdomain. This would avoid invoking SSO since your SSO settings would only be set at the sub domain level. That’s how we manage it for EE using SSO where the user has a personal account linked to SSO and a separate admin account that is not set-up to use SSO.

Another option is to ask your IT admin to add your PU account username to the group that manages SSO access via your SSO provider (like Azure).

Userlevel 5
Badge

@lrnlab  Oh, that’s interesting. So if you log in through the root domain and then manually change it to the subdomain, that’s enough to not appear like you’re still in the root, avoiding cross-domain assignment impacts to notifications and links? We’ll have to try that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@JKolodner correct.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@lrnlab Hmmm… I’m trying this and it doesn’t work for us. For example:

1. I log into my root domain where I am SuperAdmin and go to Users.
  2. If I then change the domain in the URL to reflect the subdomain (custom domain), I get an error message.

I wonder if this would work better if we didn’t have a custom domain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

we too have a custom domain and that does not cause any issues...what is the error you are getting?

Userlevel 5
Badge

We get the following, perhaps because of our security settings:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

could be...this is not necessarily aDocebo error...are your sub domains set-up using the “folder” option or do you have separate sites? The folder url would look like this “xpanseacademy.com/[sub-site name]”…

This is how we have set them up and can switch freely..

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have separate sites. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Ah ok, then what I proposed probably doesn't work...have you reached out to support to ask?

Perhaps another option would be to ask your IT team to add your admin username to the SSO group but you may need a new email address to go with it…bummer.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Yes, I will look into that too. Thanks again.