Question

External link to a Rise 360 item

Userlevel 4

Hi

We need to allow learners to access Rise360 training that is hosted externally (https://www.mylocation.com/rise). Is there really no “Link” item to be added as a lesson?

I don't need it reporting back on progress, jest completion when accessing the link.

any elegant solutions?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have you considered adding an HTML page as training material and using that to iframe the content in?

Then they can view your material without navigating away from the platform.

Userlevel 4

The Rise item is built to use an entire page width and running it in a small limited frame would not create a good learning experience. is there a way to create an html page the will auto launch a new window?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is there a reason you don’t want to export the rise360 as a package and add as course content to your course? If you think about what you are asking from the users perspective, it’s not a great experience: click to take this course which pushes me completely off the system and it just auto gives credit on the click?

if you really needed to, it still might be a good idea to just make the html page with a small description telling them this info with the link nice and big so they are fully aware of what is happening, an extra click, but less jarring. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Another option if you want to have the learner prove that they actually “completed” the information from the external link might be to make an assignment where they upload a file responding to a question that they should know after visiting the link. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

When you insert your link on the HTML page select new window as the target.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have you considered adding an HTML page as training material and using that to iframe the content in?

Then they can view your material without navigating away from the platform.

Annoying part of rise 360 is they removed the ability to iframe when hosted on their servers a couple years ago, you have to self-host it to do this and if doing that might as well just host on docebo and skip the step. 

Userlevel 4

Hi

Thanks for the responses and questions.

We have the files hosted on an S3 bucket with analytics running on all pages- uploading another SCORM to the LMS will fragment our data collection and require double the maintenance.

we are currently trying an HTML page with a button that will launch the item.
trying to save that click from our learners...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I suppose if you want the completion to happen on the link Click specifically you could make a small one page course package too and upload it, gives some info and complete on the click. You could technically put a script that does that automatically in load to which would both mark the completion and auto launch the page. Keeps the actual package on your s3 bucket, but gets them straight in and has a fallback if that fails for them to see and take action themselves. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi

Thanks for the responses and questions.

We have the files hosted on an S3 bucket with analytics running on all pages- uploading another SCORM to the LMS will fragment our data collection and require double the maintenance.

we are currently trying an HTML page with a button that will launch the item.
trying to save that click from our learners...

I’m usually all for the saving the clicks, the one exception to this is when leaving the platform completely as I think it’s important they are aware that is happening, it could be interesting to have a small course template that basically says “you are leaving the platform click here is not redirected in 5, 4,3,2 blah and then launches the new page, you’d just have to update the endpoint link for each course. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Sorry, keep thinking and more thoughts! Have you tried the full screen launcher in Docebo for the course and use the iframe setup since you are hosting them yourself? This shaves like 1% of the screen width off and I’ve used successfully for interactive tools inserted as courses. 
combined the full screen launcher with auto launch kind of gets you there, no clicks, user stays on platform, and completions properly tracked, with extremely little loss of screen space.