Question

External Training App

• 12 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Docebo Community! 

I’m trying to import external training data with a CSV file into the external training app and when I click through the steps, nothing happens. I see all the info in the correct format, confirmed date is mm/dd/yy but it does nothing. I can add information manually, but not via CSV. Does this no longer work or am I doing something wrong?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Tatum.Mathis.  I had this problem before where everything was fine, but nothing happened.

A few points:

1. There are some fields that are mandatory when uploading via CSV.  This document may help.
  2. Depending on how much data you are trying to import, Docebo will create a background job and you will get an email once the job has been completed - this has caught me out a couple of times when I’ve forgotten.
  3. When we first moved to Docebo, I just couldn’t get it to work.  Our onboarding guy took the same file and uploaded fine.  I tried a different CSV on my personal computer and it woked fine.  It was something to do with my work computer blocking something (no idea what!) that stopped it from actually uploading.

Not sure if this helps or not - if you have no luck, reach out the the support desk, they can take a look at the CSV to make sure it’s all as it should be, and even upload it for you if you ask nicely enough!

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Tatum.Mathis make sure your Training Institutes have been created first as well as the courses. I just tried it with the sample download and when the data didn't match, nothing happened; no errors, no messages...but when I matched up my Institutes and courses, it all worked like charm.

Userlevel 1

Hi! Thank you so much, I really appreciate your responsiveness to my newbie questions. I’ll give that a whirl right now. :)