Skip to main content

I have a tech ticket on this but sometimes you fine folks have a work around or have encountered this and solved on your own so I’m checking here too. (THANK YOU AT DOCEBO SUPPORT TEAM for your continued effort to resolve my issue). 

On Friday I uploaded a new version of a SCORM File, I rewrote an existing SCORM File instead of uploading it as new training material (which I didn’t realize maybe I should have done instead 😕). But now any person who has already completed the course or is in progress on the course is getting a White Screen and cannot load it. However new users seem to be able to see the course without issue. 

We tried reseting progress but that solve only worked for one user and has not worked for any additional users. 

Any ideas what’s going on? And how we can address it? 

Any tips to help so this doesn’t happen to us again in the future? 

Did you change anything that involves the course structure? If yes, that is likely your issue...It’s been a while but I seem to recall we went through this a while back and we landed on these rules…

If the updates Do NOT affect the course structure and mainly superficial like spelling, grammatical fixes, etc., we then OVERWRITE the existing package.

If the updates require the removal or additional of a new page, section, module, or anything that affects the course structure, we load this update as a new object and unpublished the old one. Testing is always a good idea (you can always make a copy o the course so you can test the date process without affecting your users already enrolled).

hopefully this will be helpful...

Just to add, there’s a knowledge base article regarding this: Uploading / Updating SCORM content

There’s a specific warning regarding your issue:

Please Note! When updating SCORM content, by changing the structure of the SCORM, where users have already interacted with the content or completed it, users whose status is 'In Progress' or 'Completed' will lose their progress in the training material. These users will have to start the content from the beginning.”

It sounds like what happened to your users, except that your users seem to be unable to access the new content at all. The article also recommends to upload the SCORM content to the central repository and add/update it from there. I haven’t tried that myself yet, so I can’t tell if that helps. But maybe it’s worth a try.