Question

Hide Course and Learning Plan CODES in My Activities

• 21 January 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2

Is there a way to hide the Course Code and the Learning Plan Code in My Activities? The learners don’t need to see those titles, they only need to see the Course Name and Learning Plan Name.

11 replies

Userlevel 4

@mibister, I agree and would also like to know if it is possible to hide it. 
It also gives more space to more important text fields

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mibister 

Good evening to you.

Have you tried to impact it via CSS? I know you can impact the left hand menu and make entire items disappear.

Userlevel 2

@dklinger Thanks for the suggestion, I’m hoping CSS may be able to remove that column, but not savvy enough to know how to code it. Has anyone out there given it a try?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@mibister - I am a little outside of my expertise. It does look like the table is being generated “dynamically”? Which can create a challenge.

Userlevel 1

/* Hide first column*/
#course-management-grid table tr td:first-child,
table tr th:first-child {
    display: none;
}
/* Hide second column */
#combo-grid-form > div.items-grid-wrapper table tr td:nth-child(2),
table tr th:nth-child(2) {
}
/* Hide second column */
#course-management-grid table tr td:nth-child(7),
table tr th:nth-child(7) {
}

You may wish to be more specific with the selector as I have not check all tables but currently this seems to be functioning well. Change the 2 or 7 to the column you want to hide. 

Userlevel 1

/* Learner activities page courses Hide the first, fifth, and seventh columns in the table */

#course-management-grid td:nth-child(1),

#course-management-grid td:nth-child(5),

#course-management-grid td:nth-child(7) {

}

/* Learner activities page coursesHide the corresponding header cells */

#course-management-grid_c0,

#course-management-grid_c4,

#course-management-grid_c6 {

}

/* Learner activities page certifications Hide the second and third columns in the table */

#activities-certifications-grid_c1,

#activities-certifications-grid_c2,

#activities-certifications-grid td:nth-child(2),

#activities-certifications-grid td:nth-child(3) {

}

The above code seems to work better, this targets both the learners activity (courses ) and (Certifications) adapt Nth child as desired.

@Kieran Wilson do you know if the code you shared above is still working? We are trying to hide only the first column, course code, but the applied code is not working for us in our sandbox. Any insights would be appreciated.

Userlevel 1

Hiya,

Yes the code above is still working on my platform. What is happening? Are you noticing any changes?

@Kieran Wilson correct, there are no changes. We applied this code to hide the Course Code column on the User Personal Summary/transcript and it worked:

/** This will hide the Expiration Date Header **/

#course-management-grid_c4 {

}

/** This will hide the cells under the Expiration Date Header **/

#course-management-grid > div.gridItemsContainer > table > tbody > tr > td:nth-child(5) {

}

As evidenced here - the code column is hidden and it starts with course name:

However, we wanted to also hide this same column on the actual My Activities page and so when I saw this original post, I applied the code listed above that reference the My Activities page but it simply is still showing for us:

I can’t figure out if I’m doing something wrong in copying/pasting the code or why it isn’t working for our platform. That’s the only column we want to hide for now so if you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate the help!

Userlevel 1

Hi so if I understand correctly on the learner my activities page shown below, I have removed my code that hides the course code. On the learners my activities page - courses. 

After I apply the following code - 

/* Learner activities page courses Hide the corresponding header cells */

#course-management-grid_c0,

#course-management-grid_c4,

#course-management-grid_c6 {

}

/* Learner activities page certifications

Hide the second and third columns in the table */

#activities-certifications-grid_c1,

#activities-certifications-grid_c2,

#activities-certifications-grid td:nth-child(2),

#activities-certifications-grid td:nth-child(3) {

}

This is the result that I get.  You may want to add or remove activities-certifications-grid td:nth-child(3) for example change the 3 to 6 and this will change the table. However if you are looking for the below,  above is working for this page. 

Let me know if I am on the right lines for you. 

@mibister it’s working now!!!! Yay! Thank you so much for your patience and help with troubleshooting. I’m still now sure why it didn’t work before but when I tried again today, it did work for our platform. Truly appreciate all the help!