Hiding Courses Inside a Learning Plan on TASK LIST Widget

• 22 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello. 

I’m looking for a way to only show learning plans and individual courses (not inside an assigned learning plan) on a widget to show learners which courses and learning plans are in “Not Started” or “In Progress”. Currently, the TASK LIST widget shows learning plans in these statuses, along with EVERY course inside of these learning plans (which makes the list a little daunting for learners). 

The TASK LIST widget DOES NOT have the option to “REMOVE COURSES THAT ARE PART OF A LEARNING PLAN” (like the My Courses and Learning Plans widget does). 

But if I was to use the “My Courses and Learning Plans” widget instead, I can only pick ONE option for the “ITEM STATUS”. 

Does anyone have any options or suggestions for having a widget default for the learner to show only Not Started and/or In Progress learning plans (and hide each course inside of these from the list) and show Not Started and/or In Progress courses that are not inside of a learning plan? 

Thank you. :)  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

we lay it out with 3 of the same widget each one showing 1 status only. It helps users to focus on the what they need to do and reduces search time, etc.

Userlevel 1

we lay it out with 3 of the same widget each one showing 1 status only. It helps users to focus on the what they need to do and reduces search time, etc.

Hello. 

I thought about doing that, but had some reservations about having multiple boxes showing different statuses. If there was one box, that would be ideal, but I will give the multiple widget approach a shot. I appreciate your response. :) 

Userlevel 3

Very interested in this, check out this idea: