Best Answer

Hosting Files in Docebo + Allowing Quick-Click Viewing? (A page to just view files)

• 22 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello all!
Is it possible to create a page to just view files that are hosted in Docebo that can be clicked and viewed without having them bundled as a course/found in a course?

We have things we’d like to host in Docebo, like PDFs of a guide for trainers, that aren’t necessarily a “course”. Rather, they’re just a file we’d like them to be able to quickly view at will. I have searched and see that there’s ways to do an HTML page or iFrames, but these seem to be based on the files being hosted elsewhere to link, where we’re looking to host the files in Docebo itself.

Thank you in advance for any help!!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 22 February 2024, 18:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@sara.cramer  Hi, Sara … so everything that gets displayed/assigned, etc to an instructor or learner is called a “course” … just the way the platform is designed.  It’s the ‘shell’ that holds things. I understand (very well) the confusion that this can cause non-admin folks as it seems a bit weird.

I’m sure you know this but there are several ways that you can add files to the course shells.  As Training Materials, course widgets, etc. One of the ways that we have tried to mitigate this weirdness is to build a course shell that we call “Instructor Guides” made up entirely of PDF facilitator guides. It is available only to those we’ve labeled as instructors.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you have Docebo Coach and Share you can create a channel and upload all those assets. Once that’s created, you decide who can access the channel by branches and/or groups, etc. 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124219-Creating-and-managing-channels