Best Answer

How do I create an External course rather than an ILT or e-learning course

• 23 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

How do I create an External course rather than an ILT or e-learning course ( I only have those two options when I create a new course)

icon

Best answer by JeanetteMcVeigh 23 October 2023, 16:08

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This KB Article may help.

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020125939-External-Training-Activities

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Can you explain a little more about what you mean? Are you in Course Management, click the + sign, then New Course and you only see these two options?

Badge

Yes, the only option is e-Learning or ILT

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Yes, the only option is e-Learning or ILT

Ah, so the External training option is to report on things done/taken outside of this system. You wouldn’t create it in the system, but rather allow users or you (superadmin) to import that data.

If that is not what you are referring to, what type of external training are you looking to create?

Badge

Hi Jeanette, 

Thank you for your response. I set up a learning plan but this includes a variety of courses, some e-learning, ILT and external courses all falling under one learning plan but it seems I cannot create courses under this learning plan that are held externally?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Teresa2023 

I am not sure I am following - you want to include a training that is outside of your system inside of a Learning Plan? Like something from LinkedIn Learning or Udemy or something? 

Then you are correct. That is not an option I am aware of...unless you can create the course in the system, it can not be a part of the Learning Plan.

Badge

Hi Jeanette, we have one course that will be ran externally - Site Supervision Safety Training, but it is still part of the learning plan but it gives no option to include this on the learning plan as the only courses that can be added are e-learning or ILTS. 

I did create the course under External Training but I cannot find a way to link it to the learning plan.

Thanks, Teresa

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I think your use of the word external caused some confusion for me, sorry about that.

The system provides an option to report External training in the system, but as you found out, is just for reporting, not for any interaction with LPs.

Is this a course you are running, just in person? Wouldn’t that be an Instructor-led Training (ILT) option?

ILT can be used for any instructor led training, in person or virtual, and may be the option you want to use for this safety training. Then with the ILT option you have different ways to mark that course complete (see ILT knowledgebase article https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124099-Creating-and-Managing-ILT-and-VILT-Sessions) for details on that.

I hope this helps in some way and I hope I didn’t confuse anything. But, I think you should research the ILT option for this safety training as a viable option. Good luck.

Badge

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for your feedback. I think this may be the best option, we can highlight the training is external. Kind regards, Teresa