Question

How do I get Observation Checklists to Show up in the Task Widget?

• 29 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I am trying to use Observation Checklists. I setup the following scenarios and cannot get them to show up in the task widget.

1. User completes checklist: Added the checklist to a course and assigned the course to the user. 
  2. User completes checklist: Assign the checklist to the user upon completing a differnent course. 
  3. Manager completes checklist: Assigned checklists, with both scenarios below. This time the manager has to validate. 

Is all cases when I went to the task widget (inpersonating both the user and the manager) there were no checklists to complete. Is there a trick to this that I missed? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, @dianex.gomez 
Have you got the task list configured correctly?  Are you looking for the checklist to show up BEFORE it’s been completed, or AFTER? If After, I think you need to add the My Checklists page to the menu.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’m using Checklists Requiring Action. I want them to show up BEFORE completed. This is how a user/manager would know they have a Check List that needs to be complete, right? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you can add the My Checklists page...think that is the only way to show those checklists that are “to do”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dianex.gomez  How do you have the schedule configured? (I really don’t like the way that Docebo has done the schedule, imho) Can you provide a screen shot?

@lrnlab I have instructors with a checklist on their dashboard as part of the task widget, but I do not have My checklist on the menu. The checklists seem to appear in accordance with the schedule.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KMallette you can use ether or both but I believe the task widget only display actionable items while the page displays all available checklists. The scheduling does affect what is visible and actionable but that also depends on how the checklist is configured as you can configure them to be always available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@KMallette you can use ether or both but I believe the task widget only display actionable items while the page displays all available checklists. The scheduling does affect what is visible and actionable but that also depends on how the checklist is configured as you can configure them to be always available.

@lrnlab Since the My Checklist is a built-in page, my users can open it with the breadcrumbs without it being on the menu. And you’re correct in that My Checklist is the only place where you can see COMPLETED checklists.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’m trying to get it in the task widget to alert the user and or manager that a checklist needs to be completed. 
I scheduled it based on completing an ILT course, this is a post activity that the users have to do in the field after completing the training. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I also checked the “my checklist page and nothing was there for the user or the manager.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

In general, I’m finding that Observation Checklists need some serious enhancements and bug fixes before they will be viable. Sad, I have lots of use cases for them.