Skip to main content

I am new to Docebo and I haven’t been able to find the answer to my question in previously asked questions. Is it possible to add supplemental documentation to a course that does not appear as a Training Material in the actual course? I would like to add reference documents but do not want them to appear as a line item in the Table of Contents. Is that possible?

Hi @lchandler yes you can...there is a widget called File Repository where you can add documents and links + determine who can see the docs. Pretty nifty feature. it does not track anything though

It’s useful for Instuctor led courses and any course that needs available resources.  You can control whether learners and/or instructors can have visibility to each file so you coul use it to store the ILT training material for both level of user.

If you use this feature be aware that you cannot push content to it from the Central Repository and the content can be modified by instructors.

@jmkachidurian That is really good to know. The items then would only exist in the File Repository, correct? If a user has access to three courses and each of the courses has items in File Repository, would they have three file repositories or would it just be one, and all the documents they have would live there? Is there a possibility that they can be denied access to the items when the course expires? @lrnlab 

@jmkachidurian That is really good to know. The items then would only exist in the File Repository, correct? If a user has access to three courses and each of the courses has items in File Repository, would they have three file repositories or would it just be one, and all the documents they have would live there? Is there a possibility that they can be denied access to the items when the course expires? @lrnlab 

Each course shell will have it’s own repository.  So if you are enrolled into three courses with repositories, you will have three separate repositories to access. Since the file repository is tied to the course shell, if your user cannot access a course (let’s say you have a date of validity set on the course), then the user will not be able to access the content in the file repository.  

Can the items in the file repository be chosen to view only and have no ability to download them? I am wanting to lock down my content as much as possible, as learners will have to pay to gain access to the course.

Can the items in the file repository be chosen to view only and have no ability to download them? I am wanting to lock down my content as much as possible, as learners will have to pay to gain access to the course.

From the central repository, users can only download itesm.  So when you do use it, it must be items that you are fine having learners download to keep.  In the past I have used the file repository for generic things like an agenda.

There is a possible alternative (I haven’t tested it extensively, but it should work). You can put links in the file repository.  So, if you put your documents up in some shared space like sharepoint or google drive and use the “view-only’ link when linking the document in the file repository.  This way you don’t have to put the document up as training material, and restrict someone’s access to edit the document.