How to Create a Checklist

• 1 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi! I am wanting to create a checklist for members made up of courses and resources based on what group they are in. Would the skills function be capable of creating this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @Sierrafredricksen 

Have you considered using an observation checklist?

Creating and managing observation checklists

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I have to say, @Daniel, I don’t understand how anyone can actually use observation checklists in their current form. Without a way to add links or images, I don’t know how a user is meant to find the relevant course and/or resource - or in an onboarding situation, even understand the task they’re expected to complete. I mean, I can think of ways, but they’re so utterly hostile as a UX proposition that I would never dream of inflicting that on anyone.

But I dunno, I’ve even seen people choose observation checklists when asked for Docebo’s most “underrated” feature. I mean, it’s true that I couldn’t rate the feature any lower than I currently do, but what am I missing?

(To your original question, @Sierrafredricksen, I’d honestly recommend doing this in another tool. If this is for your customers, they could be on either Microsoft or Google stacks, but each should offer you a way to build some checklist templates that customers can duplicate and, if needed, share with their managers.)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Ian we use Observation Checklists for two courses that both require legal certification that training was completed. In our case, training to fill propane cylinders, and training to drive a forklift. They are the final element of the course. The learner finishes the SCORM portion, then needs to demonstrate they can safely drive (for example.) Their manager must go back into the system after observing the drive and certify them by grading the observation checklist. They work great for this scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Ian I think it depends on the use case. They've worked well for us in the past, but admittedly in fairly simple scenarios where we just needed users to confirm they had completed a task.

Thank you everyone! I think i might use the task list function but need to look into it more