Question

how to hide/change

• 1 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

HI,

Can anyone tell me if any of the following are doable:

• Can you hide/disable the add to calendar icon in a course.  it just creates a brand new calendar in outlook and isn't helpful at all
  • Can you change the placement of the join webinar button (or auto expand the drop down box).  users can’t find it
  • Can you hide training materials from the search box (not helpful at all when trying to find a course)
  • Can you edit the contents of the calendar attachment of a notification invite?
  • When browsing a catalogue can you make it clearer on the cards that you have completed a course (rather than it just say ‘enrolled’)
  • Can you display a ‘Renew now’ option on the actual course page of refresher training so people don’t retake an old attempt rather than start a new one.

Sorry for long list but better than creating multiple posts i think

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have all of the same questions. Our team is frustrated with that add to calendar button since it adds a new calendar to Outlook. We just use the calendar .ics file from the email notification.

“Can you change the placement of the join webinar button (or auto expand the drop down box).  users can’t find it”

We have the same issue. Usually we promote the ILT course enrollment link, so when users click, the page they see has a slightly different layout and there’s an enrollment button for each session. If the user isn’t enrolled they see that crappy dropdown.

Thanks for your comprehensive points on these ILT issues!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI,

• Can you hide/disable the add to calendar icon in a course.  it just creates a brand new calendar in outlook and isn't helpful at all perhaps with some CSS
  • Can you change the placement of the join webinar button (or auto expand the drop down box).  users can’t find it unsure but we have a few ideas on this topic you may want to upvote
  • Can you hide training materials from the search box (not helpful at all when trying to find a course) unfortunately not but you can try removing the auto tags so the search results aim less on that specific training material
  • Can you edit the contents of the calendar attachment of a notification invite? not yet, maybe soon (fingers crossed)
  • When browsing a catalogue can you make it clearer on the cards that you have completed a course (rather than it just say ‘enrolled’) you cannot but there are many ideas on this as well..
  • Can you display a ‘Renew now’ option on the actual course page of refresher training so people don’t retake an old attempt rather than start a new one. you might want to look at the Certifications and Retraining app that could get you some of what you're looking for

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

HI,

• Can you hide/disable the add to calendar icon in a course.  it just creates a brand new calendar in outlook and isn't helpful at all perhaps with some CSS.  We tried and the resident CSS expert couldn’t see a way
  • Can you change the placement of the join webinar button (or auto expand the drop down box).  users can’t find it unsure but we have a few ideas on this topic you may want to upvote - what are these ideas?
  • Can you hide training materials from the search box (not helpful at all when trying to find a course) unfortunately not but you can try removing the auto tags so the search results aim less on that specific training material  - will try this
  • Can you edit the contents of the calendar attachment of a notification invite? not yet, maybe soon (fingers crossed)
  • When browsing a catalogue can you make it clearer on the cards that you have completed a course (rather than it just say ‘enrolled’) you cannot but there are many ideas on this as well..what are these ideas
  • Can you display a ‘Renew now’ option on the actual course page of refresher training so people don’t retake an old attempt rather than start a new one. you might want to look at the Certifications and Retraining app that could get you some of what you're looking for.  we are using that app and have all the retraining set up.  it just doesnt place a renew button on the course page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KTJD re: the. ideas, please search and browse the ideas section of this site as there are a number of related posts you can vote on.

re: Certification app, are you using the notifications? That might help drive some of your users to the right spot…?? Keep in mind that a user does not renew a “course” but rather they renew a certification which can consist of the same course of require the completion of other courses depending on your settings.