Skip to main content
Best Answer

How to mark 1 training material complete manually for a user when the course has 4 training materials?

• 10 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello & thanks for your help~ I have a course with 4 training materials, all are required but can be done in any order. A user completed 1 training material outside of the LMS and I, as the super admin, want to mark this 1 training material complete for this one user. Can I do that? If so, how do I do that? Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  1. Go to Course Management and search for your course.  Open your course and click on the “Reports” tab.
  2. Scroll down and search for the user you wish to bypass the training material for.  Select their username to open the details of their progress on all the individual course materials.
  3. Scroll down to the Progress area.  Locate the training material you want to allow them to bypass and find the “Status” icon. 
  4. Click the Status Icon, drop down the options, select “Completed” and then make sure you save the change by selecting the checkmark.  This will mark this specific item complete for the user.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Another route that I would have taken is to go to the actual training material within the Course Management section.  Enrollment tab > search for username and then far right change status to complete.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Another route that I would have taken is to go to the actual training material within the Course Management section.  Enrollment tab > search for username and then far right change status to complete.

Unless I’m misunderstanding your direction, it sounds like the completion change you are talking about would have been on the course as a whole?  They only wanted 1 of the 4 training materials to be marked as complete.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@trose23 Thank you! correct - only 1 of 4 training materials - not the full course.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

That is correct.  Only the one course would be marked complete and the other ones would still be in progress.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

just as an alternative to step 2 in the helpful guidance from @trose23 that would avoid scrolling, find the user in the enrolment list by filtering and then use the ellipsis to go to User Stats