Best Answer

How to monitor enrollments seats

• 14 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello Docebo community, first post here and looking for recommendations to solve the below problem we have.

Description:

We have a classroom that is configured to accommodate multiple courses being conducted in it each week. Internally we call if a Flex offering externally customers see individual courses.  For example:

Each week the classroom can accommodate 13 students that are taking various courses comprising of the below:

• Course 1 max is 6 users per week – due to equipment limitation
  • Course 2 max is 6 users per week – due to equipment limitation
  • Course 3 max is 6 users per week – due to equipment limitation
  • Course 4 max is 13 users per week per week
  • Course 5 max is 3 users per week – due to equipment limitation
  • Course 6 max is 13 users per week

However we cannot exceed 13 total students from any combination of the above courses per week in the classroom due to class room seating capacity.

Also due to all of our integrations our structure for ILT courses is One Course that has one session and two events (One Start event and One End event)

Problem:

When our registration team (multiple individuals) receives requests to enroll they need a way to be able to see how many seats are remaining so they do not overbook the classroom

I tried to make this as clear as I can but realize its most likely still confusing.

Ernest White

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 15 December 2023, 21:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

the number of currently enrolled users in any session is readily visible on the sessions tab of the course…

@lrnlab Thanks for the screen capture and yes we do utilize that but how we need to setup our courses there is only 1 session for each course, so the registration folks will be needing to search out multiple courses/sessions to keep track of the total amount of enrollees and ensure that the classroom capacity is not exceeded. We were thinking maybe the Learning Plan option but that means we will need 5o+ Learning Plans and not sure if that will prevent the classroom from being overbooked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

hmm ok, I think I’m more confused now...is the not the “maximum enrolment” number on sessions sufficient to control your enrolment numbers?

@lrnlab  The “classroom” that we use to conduct any combination of the above courses can only have a max of 13 students each week. But the max amount of students that could enroll according to the max of each of the course is 41 students...We are looking for a way to be able to have the classroom capacity limit the amount of enrollees.

For Example:

If we have 12 students (6 each) enroll into the following courses for say Week 1:

• Course 1 max is 6 users per week – due to equipment limitation
  • Course 2 max is 6 users per week – due to equipment limitation

we will only be able to accommodate 1 more student in that classroom from course 3-6 for week 1, does that make sense?

But if we do not have a good view as to how many students are getting enrolled into those courses that are being conducted in that classroom it will be very easy to overbook it as there are multiple people performing the enrollment of students….(Our enrollments are all admin driven)

PS. Thank you for your responses

Regards,

Ernie

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Is this an ILT course only or eLeanring? If ILT, you can limit the number of available seats for the Session which would prevent that ‘class’ from accepting more than its capacity...if you set the max enrolment to 6, only 6 users can select that session. Any others would not be able to enrol in the course, or if you enable the waitlist, they can enrol int he course but not into a session. The admin can then manage who gets into the next session or you can automate the waitlist to have it fill up the next session to a max of 6 users...does that make sense?

If you enrolments are all admin driven, then maybe just enable a waitlist with no sessions and when the admin creates the session that can choose who gets in that session from the waitlist and only choose the correct number for the facility you are using…

Hope you can find something useful on all this...I'm not sure I totally get your use case...sorry...

@lrnlab yes its ILT only and put another way we have 1 classroom in our location that can hold a max of 13 students each week but we advertised 6 different courses that can accommodate different amounts of students due to the equipment that is required. All six of these courses are available on our website each week and if the max amount of students enrolled in them each week the classroom would be overbooked.

Regards,

Ernie

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Ah ok, I think I get it now...you are sharing the location but if you only set the max on a season it does not tell you when the class limit is reached...is that correct? If yes, I agree, there is no location management type tool…

Is this what you’re thinking about?