Best Answer

How users can self enrol on courses

Badge

Hello,

We added new e-learning courses to our LMS and would like users to self-enrol to the courses. The only option I can see available for self enrolment is by providing a link for the course, is it possible for the user to search the title of the course and self enrol?

Thank you,

Teresa

icon

Best answer by Katzen 9 May 2024, 12:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Are you trying to make the course appear in a channel or a catalogue? 

To allow users to self-enrol you need to go to ‘Advanced settings’ in the course and then ‘Catalogue options’. You can then set the visibility and enrolment policy.

I can’t upload an image, but our settings to make courses able to self-enrol from catalogues are...

• Show the course in internal catalogs only

• Self-Enrolments are available

• Self-enrolment

Badge

This is very helpful, thank you.

I selected all those options but when I log in via a user’s account and search the title of the course in the search bar, where it says search content in the platform the course does not appear?

Kind regards,

Teresa

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Teresa2023 - there have been tune ups to the global search recently. You may want to check if that has been adjusted in anyway. OH - for the one course? Make sure that it is “published”.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

This is very helpful, thank you.

I selected all those options but when I log in via a user’s account and search the title of the course in the search bar, where it says search content in the platform the course does not appear?

Kind regards,

Teresa

The user that you are logging in as - do they have visibility over the catalog the course resides in? If they do not have visibility to the catalog, this will not show on the Global Search.

Badge

Hello,

How do I give visibility over the catalogue?

Kind regards,

Teresa

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Admin menu cog > Courses catalogue

Then you will see a list of the catalogues you have. Select the people icon for the relevant catalogue (it will be orange if no one is assigned to it), and you can then assign users.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Teresa2023 

You can assign visibility from the Course Catalogues area 

The one circled in Green, this includes the courses/learning plans for the catalog.

The one circled in Blue, this is where you define the audiences of who can see the catalog. This can be individual users, groups or branches.

The user must be assigned to the catalog to see the courses/learning plans inside of the catalog.