Best Answer

HTTP error when uploading SCORM package

• 22 August 2023
  • 13 replies

Hello! I have been receiving an HTTP error when trying to upload SCORM packages I have published from Rise for about 2 weeks or so now. I have been testing and I am able to upload some SCORM files but a few of mine are throwing this HTTP error. I also have received the error when trying to upload videos. This is very recent as I have been able to upload in the past. Anyone else have issues or is this a known issue that has resolution? 

I have been working with support but have not gotten anywhere so I am posting in the community to see if any members have had the same issue or know of any resolution. 

icon

Best answer by JHill1 22 August 2023, 21:42

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 4

Is this using the old or new UI?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

cant be sure but I seem to recall that a certain file in the SCORM package was causing this error...we did experience this a while back…

Think the file is called, HTACCESS (??) - can you check you package to see if that file is there? If yes, delete it from the package and try loading it again.

Is this using the old or new UI?

In Docebo I am on the UI we have had for 3 years now. Is there a new UI recently? 

cant be sure but I seem to recall that a certain file in the SCORM package was causing this error...we did experience this a while back…

Think the file is called, HTACCESS (??) - can you check you package to see if that file is there? If yes, delete it from the package and try loading it again.

Oh I will check this!!! I’ll report back. 

Sadly this file did not exist in the package that is receiving this error. Thank you though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@andrea maliska test Can you provide a exact error message, or a screen shot of the message?

Userlevel 5
Badge

I was also experiencing this and found a few things that made the problem go away. Not sure what the problem actually is, but these resolved the issue. 

1. Refresh your screen. F5 works to do this.
  2. Often the problem was I had enough inactivity to get logged out and the system wouldn’t tell me that I was.
  3. Close and reopen browser. I suspect the cache gets confused.
  4. If the same file is not working Rename the zip file.
  5. Wait. I have found taking a water break for 5 min fixes it. Suspect some background task on the server is hogging resources. 

Also are you replacing an existing file or uploading new content? If replacing existing content with a new version or whatever, file type and structure seems to be important. Example I could not replace an older SCORM format with a newer one.  

Hope this helps

@andrea maliska testCan you provide a exact error message, or a screen shot of the message?

Yes here is the error message I receive 

I was also experiencing this and found a few things that made the problem go away. Not sure what the problem actually is, but these resolved the issue. 

1. Refresh your screen. F5 works to do this.
  2. Often the problem was I had enough inactivity to get logged out and the system wouldn’t tell me that I was.
  3. Close and reopen browser. I suspect the cache gets confused.
  4. If the same file is not working Rename the zip file.
  5. Wait. I have found taking a water break for 5 min fixes it. Suspect some background task on the server is hogging resources. 

Also are you replacing an existing file or uploading new content? If replacing existing content with a new version or whatever, file type and structure seems to be important. Example I could not replace an older SCORM format with a newer one.  

Hope this helps

Thank you I will try some of these and see if they help. 

@andrea maliska test  - Hi!  I am experiencing the same issue, was there a resolution to this?  Thanks in advance! 

I’m also experiencing problems with uploading a SCORM file. I have had an HTTP error message but more frequently a formatting error message. The file is within size limits and I have changed the file title to remove any spaces.  No HTACCESS files either. I have even tried the old school approach of closing all tabs, switching my chromebook off and making a cup of tea. None of these have worked.  I will be onto pleading with my chromebook to work next!   The SCORM provider is insistent that it has worked on all other systems. Anyone got any suggestions? 

I’m also experiencing problems with uploading a SCORM file. I have had an HTTP error message but more frequently a formatting error message. The file is within size limits and I have changed the file title to remove any spaces.  No HTACCESS files either. I have even tried the old school approach of closing all tabs, switching my chromebook off and making a cup of tea. None of these have worked.  I will be onto pleading with my chromebook to work next!   The SCORM provider is insistent that it has worked on all other systems. Anyone got any suggestions? 

I solved this problem by changing the file name. I was getting this error when the file name contained a hyphen “-” for example “Module Name - V3”. When I changed it to “Module Name V3” it worked. I am guessing their system doesn’t like special characters like hyphens.

Thank you I will definitely try that next time.  We ended up going back to the e-learning provider and as the e-learning was a collection of videos wrapped up in a SCORM file,  we just loaded the videos separately onto the site. It worked but it’s not ideal.   I’m going to be kicking myself if it’s just a hyphen that got in the way!   Many thanks   Sophie