Best Answer

I would like to direct users to a different page after they purchase a subscription. Ideas?

• 5 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone! New customer here, trying to get a subscription-based learning platform up and running. 

I've been testing the subscription transaction process, and found that the buyer is automatically redirected to the "My Courses" built-in page right after they complete their purchase. However, this isn't a page I'm using for anything on my platform, and it isn't on any of my menus. Aside from that, I find it to be an odd choice for a post-transaction landing page...if the user just subscribed, then they won't actually have any courses they are enrolled in to display here! So, after a customer buys their subscription, it seems like it will always show the "whoops, nothing here" graphic, no matter what.

Is there any way to adjust this, to direct to either a widget page, or at least to a page which might have content on it? This isn't what I want my customers' first impression to be. Any ideas are much appreciated! 

I’m also open to chat if anyone else is going through the process of setting up the subscription app. It has not been easy, so I’d love to swap hints!

-Tara

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 5 November 2023, 18:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hmm. I am not a subscriptions expert, but I assume since you did not see a setting for this, it does not exist, which means you are kind of stuck. One thought, use the notifications to send one upon purchase to the user that links to the course (if that shortcode is available)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@dothatdave As a possible workaround, you can try using the Localization tool to change the “whoops...” message to something more meaningful - like “To find a course use the menu or search”.

Just note that the same message may be used by Docebo in multiple places and once you change the wording of that message it will change across the platform, so think about something that will be generic enough to be suitable in different situations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@dothatdave You could also try posting an idea in the community. I would certainly vote for it.

@dothatdave As a possible workaround, you can try using the Localization tool to change the “whoops...” message to something more meaningful - like “To find a course use the menu or search”.

Just note that the same message may be used by Docebo in multiple places and once you change the wording of that message it will change across the platform, so think about something that will be generic enough to be suitable in different situations.

Thanks for the idea! I ended up doing something similar but with CSS instead of the localization tool, so I could hide the vector graphic as well. I did find that the message showed up in some unexpected places across the platform.