Skip to main content

IMO menus and pages needs two major things both on the menus side:

1. “hidden” menu items - pages accessible to the user but hidden on the menu. Technically I could do this with css. This way I can publish pages that are deep linked and not in the menu
  2. hierarchical menus - for example to put all my “classes” pages in a “folder” that can expand

I think you meant to make this an idea but it’s not 🙂 , also the first point is currently possible and discussed quite a bit around the community, here's a solid writeup:

Mind blown 🤯 @Bfarkas 

I think I love you

Should be accessible to non “hackers” though IMO

Should be accessible to non “hackers” though IMO

I wouldn’t put this as a hacker thing, just a function of how the access rights work. Mastering the menu hierarchy is incredibly powerful and useful for doing fast information changes. Think about having a dedicated ‘System problems’ menu for some of your other chats earlier this week.

This has proved very useful...please make sure you follow the instructions carefully and any time you create new pages, you will need to make sure the hidden pages remain at bottom of the list.

Yeah, I also like to keep a small menu that is ok for anyone to see as a buffer catch. Sometimes a new user gets added incorrectly and so they don’t get caught in prior menus and then they get the weird “menu catch all” that no one should every see. get weird support emails that way, now at least they have something and I put an alert box that says “Something is wrong, please contact blah blah blah” to proactively get these incidents found and resolved. Also creates a visual buffer in the menu page to help with adding new ones properly. 

To that end @Bfarkas we actually leveraged the default menu as the catch all and updated that page with internal contact info for users so it’s not as ‘rude’ as the default Docebo page.

To that end @Bfarkas we actually leveraged the default menu as the catch all and updated that page with internal contact info for users so it’s not as ‘rude’ as the default Docebo page.

Nice! Definitely need some sort of strategy for this scenario.

agree, especially where the list of pages and menus is long...on 2 instance, we manage a dozen sub domains with more than half needing to access pages from the main client domain so these are invaluable.