Skip to main content
Best Answer

ILT - ‘External Calendar Synchronisation Warning’ icon on an event

• 10 July 2024
  • 4 replies

We have an ILT course with one session and event in it.

When it was added to a new channel and catalogue an orange warning icon appeared next to the event which displayed ‘External Calendar Synchronisation Warning’ when hovered over.

The warning icon has now disappeared, but does anyone know what it might have been triggered by? Or if it is likely to have any knock on effects?

4 replies

Hey Katzen, 

I also have the same issue and it seems to be periodic. I believe it stems from the system not connecting for whatever reason to your external calendar (i.e., Outlook connector) and so basically when you see the error, you can assume your emails/updates aren’t sent. 

Sometimes it tends to disappear on its own while other times it seems to persist for several hours/days.

Though any input from the Docebo team on ways to troubleshoot and resolve this issue more consistently would be appreciated!  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@tchan3 - You’re right, it did go away after a while. I haven’t noticed any issues with the emails being sent, but we will keep an eye on them just in case.

@Katzen thought I’d also share a few things I noticed to check/troubleshoot when/if the sync error comes up again. 

1. Check any webhooks you have to see if there’s an error. 
  2. Check your external calendar connector to see if any recipes are producing any errors. (It seems an error on one course could impact all preceding courses that the recipe would typically run for. Troubleshoot that and most of the errors should go away. 
  3. Try to resend the calendar invitation by making a small change and saving it to “restart” the invitation. The error might disappear for a few minutes but may come back and so it’d be good to check on it a few minutes after. 
  4. Just wait it out to see if it corrects itself on its own.  

Hopefully this helps. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone, 

We recently updated a few of the recipes that have been changed in some of the new releases. However, we are seeing an uptick in these configuration errors, and they are often coupled with outlook invites that are either completely wrong on the instructor or user side or maintain old information. For example, one event in a session had the date moved - the update was made a week ago - but users and instructors are still seeing the old time and date on their calendars. Some users are also seeing canceled events with no replacement event in events that are indeed still active. I have a ticket in right now that has been escalated to tier 2.