Question

ILT through MS Teams

• 22 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have 2 things we are seeing, wondering if there is a setting I missed.  We are doing ILT through MS Teams.  1st thing is Instructors have to be enrolled in the ILT session otherwise the join webinar button doesn’t appear.

2nd and biggest issue.  Users joining the ILT session late or if someone leaves and comes back it is creating a new Teams meeting rather than joining existing session.  Same experience user to super admin.

Hoping someone can help correct these issues.

3 replies

Userlevel 3

@BHDan-we just started testing this feature. The Instructor is designated, in MS TEAMS, as the Organizer, so they will have after-session access to the roster and any recordings. So you want to have that spelled out in Docebo.

We have found that if someone joins late, they should be able to use the course card and enter the ILT the same way as others. We had the same experience with someone leaving and re-joining. We did have MS TEAMS have issues, but none, so far, with Docebo.

As background info, we are not yet on Office 365, so I don’t know if that might have changed my response.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

How does it work for a users when they enroll in one of the sessions? Do they also see the meeting on their teams account? Does the instructor have to forward meeting invites to all enrolled users? How do your learners get access to the teams meeting? lol

Userlevel 3

@sarah.tavares -If the ILT is set to allow self-enrollment, the user can enroll and they will see a new training card in their My Assigned Training. Make sure the ILT is set up to allow self-enrollment and is visible to a corresponding catalogue. The card will read Enrolled. If an Instructor enrolls them, the user will see the same card.

If you have set up a Notification when a User is enrolled in new training, the user will also get an email letting them know, with a link to join the ILT.

When it’s time to join the ILT, the user can 1) Choose the card in their Assigned Training, 2) use the email to join the ILT. When a user joins the ILT, TEAMS takes over and automatically opens and starts the session. The Instructor can then record the session. TEAMS will automatically drop the recording and Meeting Attendance into a TEAMS chat like normal.

In the ILT session, if anyone goes into the session before it’s open to start, there is an icon at the top-right to add the event to one’s calendar.

An Instructor can send meeting invites to the enrolled users whether or not the user self-enrolled or not. This might be a good day-before practice to remind users that they have an ILT coming up.

I hope this answers enough of your questions to give you the confidence to experiment with this function. We are currently testing out various ways of enrolling and joining with our weekly departmental meeting before deciding if this is functional enough to roll-out to our users.