Question

Integrating Microsoft Forms or another survey app into Docebo

• 28 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi, I’m in the process of developing a new course request collection technique. Right now, we are using a formatted word document to collect the data we need to build courses. While this works, the docs tend to disappear in outlook folders a week or so after the request is made. We want a centralized request forum. While we could use survey monkey, Qualtrics, or Forms, I was wondering if there was a way to integrate something like this directly into our customers’ dashboards? 

Has anybody done this? 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @tommyVan

One option could be to take the form URL and create an external link page and under the general settings you can choose to have the form open in a new tab or iframed inside of page. 

Once you’ve created the page you can now link to it from a custom content box.

Additionally, you could also use an HTML training material and embed the form inside of a course as well. 

Hope that’s helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Qualtrics integration would be great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@tommyVan - hey I have used a technique  in the past with course building.

1. is to build the content out of the system (with something like storyline/captivate) and then to
  2. embed a web object into the course itself...that web object is essentially “a browser window” to the survey from google forms, survey monkey, jotform, etc, etc.

What is nice about that approach is the experience is fluid with less friction for the learner. When you do it the right way? A learner has no clue about the window itself.

Userlevel 6

Yes we use it. 

Create the form you want in MS Forms, and then take the embed code and paste it into an HTML widget. You can further control the size of the widget and other settings within the code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

We have used both MS Forms and WuFoo forms with a lot of success.  They work within the HTML widget like @JZenker talked about on a page. We use them for when our clients request to have a profile updated with Power User permissions.

Userlevel 1

We use Qualtrics survey forms that we embed into HTML page using an iFrame - however this means the feedback is anonymous as we cannot collect background information about the learner. A better integration would definitely be welcome. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

We use Wrike for project management. For our centralized intake, we embed a Wrike Form as an iframe on a LMS page which ingests all learning requests.

Based on user selections within that intake, it’s automatically assigned internally within Wrike to the appropriate team/team member for triage and action.

I agree with most of solutions here, however, few points that you must note:

If you create a normal course, embed forms link as IFRAME, the moment learner opens the page, he will have pop up of completion of course. Same is the issue with html code.

I have taken a route of Xapi, and embedded ms forms link, its come out great. But the only thing is reporting. You wont get exact report of questions of the survey, you will have to rely on ms forms for the report. cheers!