Question

Is it possible to require branch codes for users of one part of an extended enterprise but not the others?

• 10 March 2023
  • 3 replies

We share our Docebo instance with other units of our company and use an extended enterprise. We’re the only unit that offers training to users outside the organization. We want to empower our customers to self-register but we want to ensure they are our actual customers and we intended to use Branch Codes. However, I can’t find a way to turn that on for just our domain. Is there a way to do this? Or is there another way we can vet our users that would not disrupt the other members of our enterprise?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I believe there is!

But what makes this interesting is that you may need to consider a type of general/passthrough portal.

Hear this usecase - we leverage branch codes with our vendors/consultants to drop them off with a minimal experience. That experience serves up no left hand menu and a single page with relevant content for these externals.

Our Compliance teams acts as a sort of gatekeeper with the branch codes - so they pump the code as part of a one-sheeter of what to do with the system after an important vetting process once they fall into an appropriate bucket - a vendor, a consultant, a contractor (just examples) based on their SOWs with us.

The key difference - for you? With extended enterprise is that you can have multiple login experiences. So you need to get the team to at least one registration portal to start. From their? There branch code should do the rest.

The reason why I am suggesting you may want to consider a passthrough portal? Is you do have a chance to really have those different experiences at the appropriate portal(s). I would imagine some are leveraging SSO. Others are leveraging direct login. So I believe you are going to want to have one portal to support self register. When they create their account? There is a message they can get that can help to bring them to the appropriate entry point as you wish.

You dont have to do this (of course - who is this person giving me advice???lol). And you can have multiple points of entry into a single login (direct authentication/SSO authentication/self-registration). But if that login experience is a big differentiator, then you may want to think about “register there, but live with the system over there….”

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @edgreeves looks like the option to require (or not) a branch code is set at the platform level so it cannot be configured at the sub domain level. So if this is only for 1 group of external clients and your internal client are provisioned via another source like an HRIS this should not affect the larger group.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@edgreeves A simple EE approach could be to use a modified self-register. This assumes that at least your EE tenant has their own URL.

From the register button, the user provides first/last, email/username, and language. They receive the same self-registration email and claim the account. Then the request appears on your Pending Users list. When you (as an administrator...or maybe a PU) approve them, they are added to the branch that matches the URL where they registered. If you need them to be further manged into a sub-branch you can do that next.