Is there a way to put a fillable form in a course & after completion forward it to another user?

• 13 September 2023
  • 11 replies

Badge

Hi Everyone,

I need a little help or suggestions on how to accomplish something.

What we want:

Users will take a course on a type of vaccination offered to them. At the end of the course, the user will need to either accept or decline the vaccination.

Their selection/form will then need to be forwarded *automatically is preferred* to our Employee Nurse to follow up with the employee & give the vaccine if they accepted it or filed away if they declined it. 

Is this a possible workflow to accomplish in Docebo? Any ideas or suggestions?  

Thank you in advance! 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Depending on the type of course you built you may be able to include that...fro example if it’s a course built in an authoring tool, you could have a last screen where the user can select Yes/NO and then build in an action on each selection to do what you need it to (e.g. send an email to someone)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You might also look at using the Assignment training material type...this would require that your nurse have an account on Docebo to access those records but there are goo number of notifications that come along with that training material type. You can include a form that users can fill out and submit (for evaluation)

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128319-Managing-Assignment-as-Training-Material

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’ve done something similar in the past with Docebo and Articulate Storyline.

Depending on your savvy in Storyline, you can set up a simple one question quiz with a results slide and set specific scores for each answer (e.g., Yes or No). For example, you have one question that is “Do you want the vaccination?” If a user selects Yes, then they get 100%, if the user selects No, they get 50%. That way you know that anyone who scored 100% wants the vaccination. You can then set up a custom report and use the schedule feature to send it to your nurse either daily or weekly. 

Another native solution could be to use observational checklists. This could be a one question checklist that gets sent directly to your nurse for approval. This approach might be overwhelming if you have a lot of staff. 

If your organization uses Office 365, it would be even easier to create an MS Form and embed it directly into your course or into an HTML lesson. MS Forms automatically produces an associated Excel file in SharePoint with the results. You could share the results with your nurse by sharing the link to the Excel file via SharePoint. 

Badge

@lrnlab So, the course will be created in Articulate and uploaded as a SCORM into Docebo. Is there a way that I can see responses in Docebo, when they answered the question through the articulate made course? If so, where does this appear at? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KLevensky yes...try to use SCORM 2004 3rd Ed which can hold more data than SCORM 1.2.

You can see a detailed report of responses on the course > Reports > Training Material Statistics or,

course > Reports > User Statistics (if you want individual reports

Badge

@lrnlab You’re the best. Thank you so much :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I would probably use what @IanMonk suggested.  You can embed an MS teams form, or probably even a survey monkey form into an HTML training material.  Then give your nurse an observer link to the responses so that they can review it when ever they want/need to. 

Takes you out of the equation of pulling info from Docebo reports.

Badge

@Annarose.Peterson Thank you. Just to confirm, I would be putting the MS form or survey monkey link in the training materials section as an HTML. Or would I be putting it in the articulate course that will be loaded into Docebo? Thanks again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@KLevensky Either way would work. It comes down to your preference at that point. It might be easier to embed it directly into Articulate, since you won’t have to fiddle with any HTML code. 

Badge

@IanMonk Thanks! You all have helped me so much :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Happy to help! The more I think about it, the more I lean going the Articulate route. Embed it right in the course to streamline the user experience. If it’s separate, you might get folks who complete the eLearning and exit out - intentionally or unintentionally missing the form.