Question

Is there any way of preventing a  instructor from Uploading or editing/deleting  training material?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Is there any way of preventing an  instructor from Uploading or editing/deleting  training material? We need to have a strict control of the content that is loaded into the training material and this must ONLY be added/edited by selected power users. 

However as an instructor, from the instructor overview screen I can add/edit/delete course material for ALL sessions (even those I am not the instructor for It edits the training material in the course shell.

This is a major issue in retaining the integrity of our content.

Any suggestions/workarounds?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Wish there were but it’s all tied into the “instructor” role...I agree that this is a much needed improvement to how instructors are handled and what access they have vs. what they need. I have never seen this type of access in other LMSs so I always found it very odd that an instructor had full access to Training Materials...I could get on board with the being able to add something but certainly not the same type of access as any PU or super admin.

There are a couple ideas and posts on this you may wish to have a look at:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have completed an idea post, It has been accepted and marked open, Please upvote

Gary