Skip to main content
Best Answer

Learning Plan - Power Users

• 22 July 2022
  • 4 replies

We use the platform to share training with our Customer Base. We have two types of Subscriptions:

• Basic - Provided to all customers with no cost
  • Premium - Customers purchase this plan independent of Docebo. We handle this internally via a yearly maintenance contract.
    • Premium members can view all courses, including a “new hire” learning plan.
    • Premium users also get set up as Power Users, so they can: Access learning plans, assign users to courses and Run Reports

With our product, some customers may not use all feature and functions. For example, let's say I have 20 courses in the learning plan, of those 20, they may only need 16 of those courses based upon how they use the system. If they assign one of their users this learning plan, then they would have to watch those courses they do not use as I have them ordered and locked until they complete. I could unlock some courses but because our products are highly configurable, it may be a different set of 2 or 4, etc.

Customer asked if they had permission to create their own learning plans. At the time I said, No, and left it at that. But, I started to tinker. I see that I can assign learning plans to Power Users, but they have access to all Learning plans. Learning plans I would not want them to modify. 

Any thoughts on how to give power users access to Learning plans without them viewing/modifying or deleting existing learning plans?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @mlubenski if you use the option, “All courses and learning plans in visible catalogue” that should help you control which ones they can/should see. Or you can assign them individually to each PU (not sure how big your audience is)

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab Thanks for the reply!

I had that set and it works. But I have a few learning plans that apply to all customers in that Group. While I would not mind them adding their own groups, I do not want them modifying any of the existing or seeing any of the other customer created Learning plans. 

When you say assign them individually to each PU - Are you talking about the Learning Plan or the ability to add/modify/delete learning plans?

I just dont want them to mess with the ones I create. They need to remain static for all other customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You can assign individual LP’s to your power users instead of doing it by catalogues if you prefer to keep it very tight…

The permissions are separate from the resources so you can create PU roles with View only, view + edit, view + edit + create...and so on; and then you add the resources  to each PU as needed (this is where you can restrict access to only those in visible catalogues, or by individual course, LP, or category)

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab Thanks again! That solved the problem I was having and my customer is very happy that she can manage her own Learning plan!!!