Question

Learning Plans that Sync with Catalogs / Catalog-Based Certifications?

• 23 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

One need that I think we have in our organization is a learning plan that syncs with a catalog - or a catalog-based certification. We’re looking at onboarding external customers into our LMS and to help them find what they need, we’re separating the courses into 3 levels based on complexity. Getting a certificate for completing the level-based catalog would make sense, even if they don’t necessarily follow the content in the order of a learning plan. Catalogs obviously will get updated as new content is added or removed or whatever, and it would be great if there’s either a certificate based on catalog completion or a learning plan can that can sync with the catalog directly.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Curious why can’t just use three learning plans for this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Within our organization, we have implemented learning plans for various certification levels, such as base, advanced, and expert. In my opinion, creating a distinct learning plan for each level is the most suitable option.

Badge

We do have the learning plans, but it’s quite possible that it wouldn’t match with the catalog of courses regularly getting updated → hence the suggestion to maybe have a catalog-based certificate in addition to the existing ones.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I comprehend your perspective. Currently, certifications on Docebo are at the course and learning plan level. To the best of my knowledge, Docebo does not currently offer a certification option at the catalog level. I encourage you to submit this suggestion as an idea for consideration.

Badge

I think this is where I was meant to post it to begin with. Newbie mistake, thanks!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

No worries, we've all been there! 😊