Best Answer

"legacy" in URLs

• 3 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

We have a Widget that directs learners to the Certification tab in My Activities. I noticed it stopped working correctly and was told by support that since Docebo has added ‘legacy’ to the front of the URL (as this module must be up for an overhaul) we must do the same in our relative URLs .
Does anyone know how we’re notified when ‘legacy’ has been added to a URL and also when it is removed? I don’t recall seeing anything in the Weekly Updates. Should I be looking elsewhere?

And on that note, is it odd that we’d need to add ‘legacy’ to get the relative URLs to work properly? 

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by pmo 5 January 2022, 19:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @mibister

“Legacy” in the URL path usually refers to features in the platform that are on our legacy architecture. In 2019 we migrated a host of our features to our “hydra” frame work and everything that wasn’t migrated received a “legacy” in the URL path. 

My activities has had legacy in the URL path since 2019 so if it was left out in your relative URL it’s likely a happy accident that it worked to begin with. 

Here’s an example URL for the My Activities page: 

https://[yourdomain].docebo.com/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3DmyActivities/index

To use a relative URL for this in a custom content box we’d want to use the following including the /legacy/ portion of the url.

/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3DmyActivities/index

If you were just using the following then we would predict that it wouldn't’t work. If it did work then I think it might have been a happy accident as our best practice has been to include everything after .com for relative URLs. 

/lms/index.php%3Fr%3DmyActivities/index

All of the legacy URLs have been set so you shouldn’t have to worry about legacy being randomly applied to an existing url. The reverse might happen as we update My Activities in the future though and I’m sure when that migration happens we’ll include that sort of information in our release courses in DU. 

Userlevel 4

@pmo I had added the relative URL starting from the /legacy/ on a custom content box widget but it didn’t work and I had to include the full URL with my domain, https://domain.com/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3Dcentralrepo/centralRepo/index

It gave a 404 error without the domain part. Should this part have worked by itself?:

/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3Dcentralrepo/centralRepo/index

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@pmo I had added the relative URL starting from the /legacy/ on a custom content box widget but it didn’t work and I had to include the full URL with my domain, https://domain.com/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3Dcentralrepo/centralRepo/index

It gave a 404 error without the domain part. Should this part have worked by itself?:

/legacy/lms/index.php%3Fr%3Dcentralrepo/centralRepo/index

Hi @isaal - I just copied and pasted that into a custom content box in DU and it seems to have worked. Are you trying to access the link from the mobile app by chance? 

Might want to check and verify that there aren’t any spaces before or after the URL. 

Userlevel 4

Hi @pmo 

I copied the link and deleted the first part before the /legacy and made sure there was no space

Then checked the homepage (computer)

Then added the domain back and it worked okay.