Localisation tool - viewing changed phrases

• 3 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
  • Helper I
  • 79 replies

Hi!

I hope i’m being blind and stupid here. I can’t see any obvious way to list the phrases that have been changed from the defaults in the localisation tool. I know over the years we have changed some, but I am not sure which ones and we would like to identify the changes.

Can anyone direct me to a way to do this?

Thanks!

Marion

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 3 October 2023, 15:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Only way I know of is to keep versions of the export yourself and then do a file compare, but that relies on you downloading prior to changing..

Kind of falls into the, if making customizations, track them, category, I know thats not a great answer and can be difficult, but usually comes in handy even if systems offer built in features for safety and backup.

I have an environment without any changes, could download a clean language one and send over though if interested so you could compare to what you have now. Just message me an email address and which language.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Maz it’s not you being blind, such a feature doesn’t exist.

Moreover, per Docebo’s feedback on the below idea, it’s not something they intend to implement.

As a possible workaround - you may ask support if they are able to export to Excel/CVS all the localization entries from your system and also provide you with the same list but from a fresh Docebo instance. Then you should be able to compare the two files.
(I never tried this approach, so let us know the outcome if you try)

EDIT: I didn’t realize you could export the list yourself. Thanks @Bfarkas 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you @Bfarkas and @alekwo !

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Ha, love a solid cross timed posting @alekwo , solid team work :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We maintain a configuration log and track all localization changes showing the original label and the new text in case we need to make additional changes or revert to the original.