Question

Managing Continuing Education Requirements

Userlevel 2

Hello everyone,

I am looking to see if Docebo can serve as a location to manage my ongoing continuing education requirements. My organization trains staff as educators on our techniques. They are required to complete 3 events per year and submit them for review to maintain their certification. I am wondering if I can build this in Docebo to eliminate the need for multiple programs. 

Thanks,

Seth Clark

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Seth Clark are these courses being taken on your LMS (Docebo)? Or are you looking to track external courses? 

Docebo does offer some very basic options like the ability to track CPE’s and you can create custom fields for your courses but it’s mostly all manual work. There is no notion of tracking credits as an entity nor on learning plans so you're limited to using courses.

Then there is the Certification & Retraining app...again, it’s quite basic but it does offer a way fro users to prompted to renew their “Certification” based on time frames you (admin) manage. Sadly it does not allow you to connect external training tracks on the External Training app.

This really depends on how complex (or simple) your requirements are.

Userlevel 2

@lrnlab - Thank you for the quick response. I am essentially looking for an easy way to track courses taught by instructors. These sessions are recorded in Docebo, but I don’t want to have to find each time an instructor leads a course. Similar to other CEU platforms, I would like for an instructor to be able to easily track there performance so far and know remaining requirements. So to answer your second question, this is more than likely more complex than what Docebo offers. You comments confirmed my fear that is will likely be easier to manage this in another platform. I just feel this is becoming an unfortunate trend for me lately. 

Thank you, again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I hear you...CE is already complex enough that when it comes to tracking and reporting the wish list for an LMS can be daunting...I built out a custom CE module on another LMS many years ago and can say that it was no easy feat, nor was it perfect...Regulatory tracking and continuing Ed. can sometimes be more easily tracked via a good spreadsheet and data feeds...

Userlevel 1

Good morning - been a while since this thread was started, but my organization is onboarding with Docebo, and we have an internal business partner who is hoping to utilize our LMS to more efficiently track their CE requirements (insurance industry, looking at licensing/CE requirements for claims adjusters).  @Seth Clark , if you found a solution, I’d be curious to hear how it turned out!  

Userlevel 2

@chrisabernathy - we found a few solutions and work arounds. Let me know if you would ever like to jump on a call and I can tell you what we are doing and where we are heading. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@chrisabernathy - we found a few solutions and work arounds. Let me know if you would ever like to jump on a call and I can tell you what we are doing and where we are heading. 

I would be interested in hearing your work arounds.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, @Seth Clark  - we are at a point where I would like to learn more about how you’re handling.  @jsalinas, if you’re interested as well, perhaps the more the merrier?  8^)