Best Answer

Moderated self-registration in Catalogue

• 23 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

We have a number of courses we sell, and there we use moderated self-registration. After someone enrolls it still reads "Moderated.”

Is it possible to change the word "Moderated” after a learner has enrolled? We would like it to say "Purchased” or something similar.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 23 February 2023, 15:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

the tag has only a limited number of options and as far as I know (we use the same method) it will only change from Moderated to Enrolled, In Progress or Completed so if you change any of those labels, it will affect all courses…

If something changed from Moderated to say, Approved, you may have had an option to change it...

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your answer, but we don't see the label changing from Moderated to anything else. 

We do see a difference depending on which page we're looking at. When I go to he built-in page My Courses and Learning Plans (my_courses), I see the progress in the top-right corner.

When I open the page Course catalogue (course_catalog), then I see other labels such as New and Moderated. As you can see in the example below it doesn't change from Moderated even though I am enrolled which is shown in the bottom half of the tile.

What is more, the status on the tile of the built-in page Course catalogue (course_catalog) doesn't change after you have completed the course. As you can see in the first example, I have completed the course Layouts in AccountView. However, the status in the page course_catalog still reads Enrolled, as you can see in the second example.

Our learners (and ourselves as well) find this very confusing. We would like to see the tiles in the catalog widget work the same as on the built-in page My Courses and Learning Plans (my_courses). Does anybody know if this is possible?